Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio code ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 09:37 AM
Banned
Default Radio code ?

Hello all. We have a 03 Accord that the radio has some kind of a connection problem. Some times it works but Most of the time it doesn't, it comes on with a REAL loud crackling/static sounds what the h e ! ! is going on with that ? I have read from this forum that a radio code (somewhere in Glove Box area) has to be entered when it has been replaced or repaired. Here is some pics of the glove box area that only has one sticker with numbers on it, not sure if it is what is needed for a code.
Any help is very much appreciated. We are the Only Owners LOl drove it off the show room floor.
MJ

Last edited by C 10 man; 04-09-2022 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-09-2022, 11:51 AM

Do you know how to fix it? If not, I'd just replace it.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grcauto
Do you know how to fix it? If not, I'd just replace it.
The question was and is about the Radio Codes needed when repairing or replacing it, please Stay On Point.

Old 04-09-2022, 01:22 PM

The point is the code will not fix it. The units power supply is having a problem.

Old 04-09-2022, 11:30 PM
Banned

The point is the code will not fix it. The units power supply is having a problem.
Wow Dude ((**%$#@#$&^)(*%$! ! !
Point one,
Radio has a problem with my description saying what it is doing (so far that hasn't been solved) .
Point 2.
Asking about radio codes in the glove box, my pictures show that area which shows nothing (also that hasn't been solved).
Point 3.
The codes will let me replace it if at all I take it out ( also that hasn't been solved).
Point 4.
your last line/ statement made me laugh for hours,( Duh you think so) LOL.
Point 5.
If this is all you have to add to my thread/questions please STOP so far you've been No Help To Me. Let someone else that has had this same problem Help with my "situation" .
I'm not beating you up its just I find your answers have been no help.
MJ

Last edited by C 10 man; 05-11-2022 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 12:07 PM

You say it works at times. Does it? If so, a code will do you NOTHING.
All the code does is to unlock the devise.
Noise of hums, crackling and other weird noises upon powering up the unit is a sign of a power supply problem. Likely a filter. These kinds of problems can create many different anomalies. Until you fix that power supply you will not solve ANY of the units many problems.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:32 AM

The radio code is specific for each individual radio. It is needed if power to the radio is cut off.
Situation where it would be cut off from power is when changing the battery or if stolen.
If stolen then the radio requiring a code would prevent the radio from being worth taking.

Normally, the radio code would be on a sticker in the glove box.
If it does not then go to "https://radio-navicode.honda.com/"
Follow instructions there to see if you can get the radio code.
Radio must be a Honda OEM type.

If you decide to replace the radio then a code is not necessary as the new radio will probably not need one.
But, that would make it more tempting for thieves to steal the radio. a Detachable face can help deter car radio thieves
Anyway, that would be up to the vehicle owner.

Repairing the radio is usually much more expensive than replacing it.

Doubtful it is a power supply issue since it is mostly coming from a DC (battery source).
The alternator may have an AC component that may distort the radio sound but that is rare.
Usually, the radio has a few transistor amplifiers that are failing which causes loud noise at start up.
That can be caused by transient currents when first turning on the unit.

Old 04-11-2022, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor

Doubtful it is a power supply issue since it is mostly coming from a DC (battery source).
The alternator may have an AC component that may distort the radio sound but that is rare.
Usually, the radio has a few transistor amplifiers that are failing which causes loud noise at start up.
That can be caused by transient currents when first turning on the unit.
A few transistors...How many of these have you repaired over the years?
You should stick with that you are sure of. A first year AV technician will know it's a power supply problem.

Old 04-11-2022, 10:20 AM
Banned

A few transistors...How many of these have you repaired over the years?
You should stick with that you are sure of. A first year AV technician will know it's a power supply problem.
Its "QUITE EVIDENT" that the POWER SUPPLY WORKS as it does come on and it does make noise/music from time to time. For the every day common lehman power (your word) is understood as a battery + source now for the casual beyond first year AV Tech he/she would have said some where one or more signals or path of travel signal/s isn't making contact with the next contact point.
So how many radios have you fixed, so far you haven't gave us your years of experience in working on radios as your stuck on giving little info about power and only power. Power starts the radio or turns on the radio then what ever button or **** you push or turn throws a "signal" to activate something else.
I'm not beating you up here its just your "one liner" suggestion/s isn't helping so please Fade Away and let other informed member/s that have had the problems I'm going through give input to this problem of mine.

Last edited by C 10 man; 05-11-2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by C 10 man
Its "QUITE EVIDENT" that the POWER SUPPLY WORKS as it does come on and it does make noise from time to time. For the every day common lehman power (your word) is understood as a battery + source now for the casual beyond first year AV Tech he/she would have said some where one or more signals or path of travel signal/s isn't making contact with the next contact point.
So how many radios have you fixed, so far you haven't gave us your years of experience in working on radios as your stuck on giving little info about power and only power. Power starts the radio or turns on the radio then what ever button or **** you push or turn throws a "signal" to activate something else.
I'm not beating you up here its just your "one liner" suggestion/s isn't helping so please Fade Away and let other informed member/s that have had the problems I'm going through give input to this problem of mine.
I'm not going to argue with you but I've repaired my share. I've been a CET for more than 50 years.
Your statement of ""QUITE EVIDENT" that the POWER SUPPLY WORKS as it does come on and it does make noise from time to time." proves this following statement.
You've not repaired any. You have no idea how they even work so let it go.

Quick Reply: Radio code ?