Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.

Terrible Experience Trying to Buy a New Accord

Old 05-07-2018, 12:34 PM
Angry Terrible Experience Trying to Buy a New Accord

Hi!
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question so please bear with me.
We went to the local dealer, from where I have purchased two other Accords in the past 14 years, to purchase our third car. I had built and priced the car I wanted (an Obsidian Blue Pearl EX-L 2.0L Turbo) and took everything to the dealership. They did not have the car in stock and to our dismay were pretty much unwilling to help us find my car. They said I could pick from other cars/colors on the lot. They did a brief search and found one +300 miles away and another in a neighboring state but did not offer to get either one. They said I could wait until their next shipment of cars came in at the end of May and MAYBE there would be a blue one, so check back with us... When I asked if they could order it for me they said they could not; that Honda doesn't let them order a car and besides the car I wanted (trim line and color) was not in high demand. We left the dealership extremely disappointed as they obviously did not want to sell me a car. And now I am trying to find my car myself, which is something the dealership should be doing FOR ME. My question is has anyone else had this experience or was this a horrible salesperson?

Old 05-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. the sales person was not hot for your business. here is the experience I have had. palmdale honda in the av.. i purchase for my mom a green accord vp, and wanted it shipped to Hnl. I had a check ready and cash if needed. they made it possible for a carrier to p/u the car and deliver to Hnl, no ca tax, paid hnl tax and shipping. same dealer, wanted to order 04 beige accord, non on lot, ordered, 2 weeks later car arrived as ordered, shipped again to Hnl. no ca tax and at invoice.
now in Hemet Diamond valley Honda, ordered HR-V Ocean pearl blue, non in stock 2 weeks later HR-V arrived as ordered and very happy with suv. we have purchased 3 cars from them and happy with their service. they will order any car we need if it is not on the lot. go to a dealer who wants your business and get you what you are going to pay for with your hard earned money. always shop for the best price and do it on line if possible so no 4 hrs haggling at the dealership. i spend 45 min to sign the paperwork and review the car and off i go.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:08 PM

Simply put go to another dealership and preferably go with someone you trust. Preferably look at the dealership reviews on Google and Yelp to help you pick a good dealership.

I suggest you visit the car during the weekends and make an appointment with a "internet salesperson" they typically have more authority and experience that they may be able to order the car you are looking for. Typically, most dealers will order a car for you, they may want to add a few hundred dollars on top of the price, but you can certainly negotiate that.

It really boils down to the sales staff and the demand of the car you are looking for. If they are not willing to help, there are plenty of other dealers you can take your money to. Goodluck on finding your car!

Old 06-19-2018, 12:04 PM
LDB

Dealerrater.com is another good resource. Not sure if the OP is around but if so where are you located?