Honda Accord Forum This popular mid sized car is offered in both a coupe and sedan, mixes performance with versatility.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White creamy oil from the exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Default White creamy oil from the exhausts

Ok I changed my Honda Inspire's engine "G25A" 8 months back. Day before yesterday after working on the suspension for whole day when i got back home, I saw this white creamy oil in my exhaust, the more i rev the more it comes out. Its like skin care lotion with soapy smell.

I don't see any smoke, Checked next morning for decreased engine, tranny, steering oil, change in oil color, oil in radiator, oil in spark plugs. All seems to be ok. Its been 2 day and today morning it seems like there is oil in my exhaust again but not sure, it might be the oil that got left mixing with water vapor.

I asked in another forum and they suggested its a blown head gasket - http://www.wheelsbd.com/forum/questi...-exhausts.html

But I don't see any symptom of blown head gasket. Engine oil, coolant and other oils are all fine. Engine is not heating up and I don't see any decrease in acceleration or performance.

Opened my head cover few days back to replace the distributor. I just looked into the bay and found a slight oil leak from a corner of the head cover.

I goggled and found out that if the block inhales air then condensation might also cause this inside the block. I don't see any symptom of blown head gasket. The engine is not heating up, engine oil, coolant and other oils are fine, no decrease in acceleration.

I love my car very much but I don't want to open up my recon engine its just been 8 months and also spent unnecessary money.

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME & GIVE A GOOD NEWS........

Old 09-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

if all of fluids are good ( checked once a week ) and none show draining, I would take the creamy substance to be the fuel being burned and the water mixed with it. Under normal running, the engine burns about a gallon of water for every gallon on gas being burned. the creamy could be from the type of gas used and collecting it as the water is being discharged. On a cold morning you can see the steam or vapor, as it gets warmed up, it becomes clear. continue to monitor the fluids and if all looks good at each check and engine runs good, no overheating. Keep driving. Check once aweek for fluid levels.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 PM

I have talked with fellow club members at my last meeting(Corvette club) about the same white liquid ,we seem to think it's the E-85 gas that is everywhere these days.I would try changing gas and see if that helps.As ACMECH says keep a watch on all fluids especialy the coolant.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I am keeping my eyes on all the fluid level and color and looking out for oil, I'M JUST PARANOID NOW.....

What is E-85 gas? Is it ethanol? Do you think they are selling us ethanol for the price of Octane? Its possible in this country......

I live in Bangladesh its beside india the quality of fuel/gas aint that good. Not sure if i get even 90 RON here and honda engines are very specific about high RONs.

I just hope my engine is ok..... Pray for my car, hope nothing bad happens. I love her...

Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 PM

Between I do smell unburnt fuel in my exhaust and my eyes burns if a stay there for a while. It might be engine letting out excess fuel and mixing that with water coming out of my engine and the air outside and making that white liquid. Some kinda chemical reaction of octane, air and water......

Oh another thing my catalytic converter has given up and I'm looking for one but cant find any here.

Hope this will help you guys tell me something more.......

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Old 09-04-2009, 05:38 AM

Hi All, my engine oil is not decreasing, there is no smoke and engine is not heating up but I still see oil in my exhaust. Any idea why this is happening? I'm really concern. Don't see any decrease in performance....

My car is converted to CNG can it be CNG oil from exhaust? I have seen CNG oil in my CNG kit before but not from exhaust.

Last edited by Rajiv; 09-04-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 AM

Is there any oil in your coolant,or misfiring?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:29 AM

No oil in coolant and I took it to the garage they are also clueless. They told me to run it for 10-15 days to see any change in coolant or oils.

I think I found the problem - I think its eating up too much fuel and unburnt fuel is coming out of tailpipe. I think its my injectors. What do you guys think. No blue or any smoke from the back though....