Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

02 sensors and wiring harness issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 10:01 PM
Default 02 sensors and wiring harness issues

Hi all, I just bought my first Honda and am having some confusion with the last owners work. It’s a 91 civic hatch with a d15b7. The car runs beautifully but it has a “universal” wiring harness and I can’t seem to find anything about the harness online. It’s supposed to be a match for civics and integras, but I don’t really trust what this guy says. It has an REV and a VTS connection unplugged, along with an 02 sensor on the exhaust manifold that hangs and isn’t connected to anything. I was also told the harness doesn’t support the reverse light for the transmission.

My first question is wtf do the abbreviations stand for? I know rev could be reverse but everything I try to pull up for info brings up sea-doos or tells me what engine revs are, which isn’t very helpful. Id leave everything how it is since it’s running so well, but I need emissions and it fails right now cause of that 02 sensor, so I wanna make sure everything’s in order and what’s needed is there. I don’t see any other connections nearby so I’m thinking one of those wires is for the 02, but the connection is totally wrong.

Second, there’s also a male female wire coming out of the tranny. This also just hangs. I kinda assumed that’s the reverse light at first, but I’m really not sure. A couple pics are posted below
The hanging 02 sensor^

Old 07-19-2022, 02:38 PM

What do you mean that the O2 sensor is why you are failing? What exactly does it say you failed for?

Don't worry about things that go nowhere.