Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

2014 Civic EX-L Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:26 PM
Default 2014 Civic EX-L Questions

Hello!

So I just purchased a brand new black Honda Civic EX-L with black leather interior and absolutely love it! I'm definitely going to be a lifelong Honda owner now.

3 questions I was wondering about if anyone can help me out with.

1) I heard that even though it is a SmartKey, if you hit the unlock button once, then hit it again and hold it down, it will lower all the windows and open the moonroof which is really nice especially on a hot summer day. I have tried doing this but to no avail. I have also tried hitting the unlock button twice, then hitting it again and holding it down but it still doesn't work. Any idea why this is happening or is there a setting I need to adjust?

2) As I said I have black with black leather interior so the car definitely gets pretty hot in the spring and summer (I live in downstate NY by NYC). Should I leave my USB lightning cable for my iPhone 5 plugged in or should I take it out and put it in the center console when not in use (or does it matter)? The reason I ask is because on 2 occasions when I left it plugged in and plugged my phone in it said there was an issue with the USB and to consult the owner's manual. When I unplugged it however, let it cool down and then turned the car on/off and plugged it in again everything was fine.

3) What is the deal with Spotify and iPhone connectivity via Bluetooth or through USB? The reason I ask is because when I start playing music from Spotify after I turn my car on and not allowing it to load it displays as 'No Name.' I need to restart the app or switch to Music on my iPhone, start playing a song and switch back to Spotify for it to show applicable track information.

Any help that I can get on one or all of these questions is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!