Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

98 Honda Civic EX Coupe Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Default 98 Honda Civic EX Coupe Tuning Help

I'm new to the forum and I'm really hoping you guys can help me with some questions. I'd like to get a little more performance out of my car. I don't want a beast racing vehicle that you can only drive on a drag strip, but something that can get up on the road and hold it's own at my local drag strip.

I have a 1998 Honda Civic EX Coupe 1.6L 4cl engine. I've been doing a lot of reading and looking into a lot of parts and from what I understand the best place to start is by getting an air intake system and a performance exhaust system. I'm looking at these two products for that.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...K33631016.html

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...l?reviews=true

I understand that these may not be the absolute best parts out there but they fit my budget and seem to offer the kind of performance I'm looking for. However after that, what next? I've looked into headers but they seem to not be street legal. I can't seem to find a good turbo charger but I'd certainly like to get one. I know there are so many other things (suspension, camshaft, torque converters) and all such but I really don't know where to start.

Like I said, I don't want a car that will tear off to 80mph by just tapping the gas. I just want a car that is better then stock and could hold it's own on both the road and drag strip. Seeing as I have a limited budget what are some of the best parts I can get, that will give me performance, and is affordable? I'm basically looking for a good mix of performance parts I can get that will set me up engine wise well enough.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

intake is good, exhaust sytem should go from headder, full flow cat, 2 1/2 in exhaust pipe and turbo or clear through muffler.