Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Brake Problems on my 04 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:16 AM

Actually, that is going to be my next repair.. Changing the break hoses and hopefully it takes care of that. It may be that the hoses are worn out from the inside out so replacing them could be a solution and a solution to my problem.. But yeah, thanks for your reply

Old 11-11-2010, 02:35 AM

Old 11-11-2010, 02:38 AM

Yeah,
I went to see a mechanic friend and he told me that the flex hoses could be the problem. Not many people know but flex hoses should be replaced every 3 years depending. He also said that it's tricky to tell when you're flex hoses need replacement cause they collapse from the inside out.. Makes sense, lot's of pressure going up and down those hoses that they really do take a beating.. So I ordered some flex hoses from this really cheap place online that deal with OEM parts for Hondas and are on their way. I will be posting the results after I replace them..
Side note.. I called my local Honda dealer and they wanted $75.00 for one side and $40.00 for the other and they would have to order them from Honda. I went online and found an OEM parts place that charged me $44.00 for both sides with shipping and would take the same amount of time.. Gotta love the internet.. the website is www.factoryhondaparts.com if you want to check it out..
Wish me luck

Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by towersurfer
could the rubber line to the front brake be collapsing?

Yeah,
I went to see a mechanic friend and he told me that the flex hoses could be the problem. Not many people know but flex hoses should be replaced every 3 years depending. He also said that it's tricky to tell when you're flex hoses need replacement cause they collapse from the inside out.. Makes sense, lot's of pressure going up and down those hoses that they really do take a beating.. So I ordered some flex hoses from this really cheap place online that deal with OEM parts for Hondas and are on their way. I will be posting the results after I replace them..
Side note.. I called my local Honda dealer and they wanted $75.00 for one side and $40.00 for the other and they would have to order them from Honda. I went online and found an OEM parts place that charged me $44.00 for both sides with shipping and would take the same amount of time.. Gotta love the internet.. the website is www.factoryhondaparts.com if you want to check it out..
Wish me luck

Old 11-11-2010, 02:44 AM

Yeah,
Wish me luck