Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Civic Techie question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Default Civic Techie question

Hope this is ok to post here. I didn't see a forum for specific model tech questions. Am I blind? Anyway, I have a 1992 Civic LX 1.5L and over the weekend, we replaced the thermostat due to overheating. A few weeks ago, we had to re-route the fan directly to a fuse so it would come on because it quit working. After replacing the thermostat, my boyfriend tried to start the car. It wouldn't start. It would crank at first, now it does absolutely nothing. Everyone I've asked says, "It's a lose wire, look around really good and eventually you'll find it." Well I have searched and looked and examined and from what I can see, nothing has come lose or disconnected. B/f couldn't find anything, either. Any other ideas about what's causing this? I've thought about fuses but I don't have an owner's manual and can't really tell which fuse is for what in the box. Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. I love my car but it's driving me crazy anymore. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. when the fuse was installed from the battery, was there a kill switch to turn the fan off when the car was shut off, or did the battery drain down to no charge. check the terminals for security, the direct fuse for a switch left on. be sure the battery has 12+ volts.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Ty for the welcome. I've been kinda lurkin' around for a few weeks as "guest" but I decided to join finally and thought it couldn't hurt to post and ask.

I wasn't there when the fan was redirected so I'm not 100% sure what was done but I can find out. My lights on my dash come on when I try to start it so I didn't think the battery was dead. Maybe it's just very drained. I'll check around for that switch, ty for the tip.