D16y8 transmission swapping with d16y7 transmission - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:13 PM

Default D16y8 transmission swapping with d16y7 transmission

Hey guys, I hope somone here can help me out with some advice. my y8 auto tranny is not shifting so after endless hours of research and minor fixes it still won't shift so I'm getting a y7 tranny and motor (got it very cheap). I've done the research and it should work, well I hope it will anyways. I've never done something like this and I'm hoping someone out there has. Basically what will I need to do to make this swap work, will I have to buy any extras and was there anything that caused any grief aside from the swap itself. Any advice that can be given is greatly appreciated. I've tried looking up this swap online and can't seem to find anything. Also my y8 motor is a vtec does this raise any issues with using a y7 tranny.