Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Ek wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Default Ek wont start

97 ek sedan d16 y7
Ok so ive got fuel spark compression correct timing and air and it still wont start about two weeks ago i left my neighborhood and the car quite on me realized it wasnt getting spark to any cylinder and i knew my distributer was old so i replaced it with a new one but the car still wasnt getting spark and realized it wasnt turning so pulled the valve cover and saw that cam had broke in half so i replaced the cam rechecked my timing it was good so i put it back together and cranked it it started up but it was only running on 3 cylinders so checked my valves realized one was sticking so i pulled the head and replaced 2 valves that were definitely bent the rest were fine put it back together again and it still wasn't firng on the number 3 cylinder so at that point i gave up the next morning i got an idea that the cat might be clogged on that side of the motor sure enough i pull the manifold off and it ran perfect so i ordered a ebay header in order to bypass the cat since the cat and manifold on these cars are all one peice didnt touch it until the header arrived a week later went out put the header on and now it wont start at all i literally didn't touch anything but the manifold and header its getting spark its in time its getting fuel its getting air and it has compression and it ran fine a week ago what the heck could cause this ive had 4 different honda guys besides myself on this car and noone has a clue