Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

hesitation- civic- gsr

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Angry hesitation- civic- gsr

this is a long explaination for my problems, that should probably have an easy answer.
my 96 civic has a gsr swap. months later my distributor took a dump, so i bought a new distributor from distributor king, which has like a 99% positive feedback. when it came, it had the wrong connector on it(could have been my fault, i dont know), so i spliced in my old connector. it ran, but had a hesitation. i gave it to my friend he said that i had swapped 2 wires. so he fixed it, and great success, my car ran great again. until recently......

it now has developed a hesitation again, it doesnt happen all the time, just most of the time. it threw a P0135 code, front o2 sensor obviously, but my question is,

CAN THIS O2 SENSOR MALFUNCTION CAUSE MY HESTATION OR SHOULD I GO BACK AND RECHECK THE HARNESS/DISTIBUTOR ?

i already have replaced, distibutor(questionable), wires(honda brand), and plugs(ngks, stock gsr plugs, exspensive as hell). and i cleaned the hell out of all my grounds, and used new bolts. help me please.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums and yes the O2 sensor can cause the hesitation but if it started when you replaced the distributor double check all the connections make sure they are okay if they are check the voltage regulator sometimes that can cause a little hesitation but i'd still get the O2 sensor replaced.