Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Honda Civic - B1234 Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 05:20 PM
Default Honda Civic - B1234 Code

Hello, Honda Forum.

I am terrible when it comes to cars and don't know much about them but I just wanted some guidance. Recently I put in a new stereo in my 2013 Honda Civic. I received the maintenance minder B1234 shortly after. I did not think too much of it but then it told me something along the lines of (B1234 -10 Miles). I did some research and found that it may be a short in the drivers air mix control motor. I went to go schedule a maintenance on my car and the Honda dealership quoted me for a plethora of other services (fluid changes, tire rotations, etc...) that I don't really know if I need them or not, and they quoted me ~$900, which I do not have the money to spend at the moment. I apologize if this is the wrong spot to ask this but I really have no idea what to do and I really can't manage to spend $900 at the moment so I just needed someone to help me figure things out as much as possible.

Thank you!

Old 07-30-2021, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum your car is a 2013, it is out of warranty 3yr or 36k miles which ever comes first. you can do most of the work your self. or find an independent shop that works on Hondas, you can get your oil change at a jiffy lube, or pep boys, or automotive repair shop that handles hondas. the air cleaner, cabin filter you can change your self or again the automotive shop you can purchase the parts at autozone, or Oriley auto parts or Pep boys. pep boys can also change your oil. if possible use mobile 1 5w-20 synthitic oil. your code B1234 is the change of the above mentioned and transmission fluid. transmission fluid change find a transmission shop that knows about honda's special fluid and uses Honda Fluid only for your honda and change the fluid there, not flush, change the fluid only. takes about 3 quarts. no filter no northing. just the fluid. get an estimate so you can change when you have the money. if you have any questions ask. anhttps://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/VA1313/VA1313OM.PDF