Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Replacing Fuel Line of Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 08:18 PM
Default Replacing Fuel Line of Civic LX

My 2013 Civic with 22,000 Miles sprung a gas leak. My Honda Dealer (Coggin Honda - Orlando) has given me an estimate to replace the gas line. It is for about $1700 including tax. I know a gas line cost about $15.00 and that an entire file system cost about $650. Does this estimate sound reasonable to you? Attached is the photo they sent to me.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. unable to determine the location of this line or what part it is. go to this site and see if you might be abe to find the part to change and cost. https://www.cheaperhondaparts.com/se...ine&ptid=11224 you might try to find other mechanical shops with good reputations or suggestions from friends to get a better est. that est is a bit high unless they have to take the engine out to get access to.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:16 AM

Honda dealerships will almost always charge a premium for their services and repair work.
Should be able to find an independent that can do the repair for less???
If you have the skill to do the repair yourself then you could save even more??
Good luck to you

Old 07-30-2021, 02:14 PM

To add to my original post ----My understanding from the Dealer is that they have to drop the fuel tank to make the fuel line replacement. Is that such a complicated and time consuming effort? Is it normal for a gas line to deteriorate to such an extend after only 22K miles? The leak started about 25 yards after leaving my driveway. There was no evidence of a leak in my garage or driveway so I assume that it started as soon as I put the car in gear and pressed the gas pedal. The car was driven by a little old man (me) and is maintained religiously according to the Honda Maintenance schedule. It was not garaged. Any Advice or comments are welcome. To me, the estimate does not sound reasonable.

Old 07-30-2021, 02:25 PM

Thank You for your input. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter. The vehicle became non-operational when the gas line broke and had to be towed to the dealer. In fact, it leaked so much that the Fire Dept had to wash down the street. Just a note, I was unable to get on the forum under my original registration/password. Despite having a new password issued three times, every time I used it, the system indicated that it was incorrect. So, I re-registered as Will K instead of Bill K. Thank you for your response. I am trying to negotiate a consideration with my dealer now. He knows that I have purchased 4 cars from the dealership (including another 2013 Civic EX) and he knows that I have had my cars maintained by the Dealer from time time of purchase. If that does not work, I will definitely be looking for a reliable independent repair shop.

Old 07-31-2021, 08:33 AM

You have to remember that dealerships are there to make money
So, they will try to up sell or tell you need something when you really do not???
That isn't to say they are trying to cheat you. I would never say anything like that.
Just that they are a business.

An independent shop might see it different and could possibly find an easier way or inexpensive way to do the same work??
It is a good idea to get a second opinion.

As for the signing in, could have the caps lock been on??
I have done that myself. Many times.