Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Need help! 97 civic questions!! Please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Question Need help! 97 civic questions!! Please!

Im a 17 year old kid who loves hondas , love they way they look drive sound, ( who doesn't ) everything and just got a nice custom one for my first car but NEEEEEED some help here. couple problems- the E brake doesn't work because he did a drum to disk brake conversion in the back and need that E brake working,

can it ever work again??

The back disc brakes seem to be constantly appying brake slightly and need to know if i need to bleed the system because maybe there is air? but the roters get very hot even when not braking at all.

What can i do?

and it has SI seats in the 97 non SI car that are only on with ONE bolt and are kind of shaky. the bolts dont line up purpously, I have all the screws and tools to bolt it down but what do i do? it doesn't line up so would it be smart to DRILL THROUGH THE METAL somehow and strap them down how ever possible?

and the seat belts are for the 97 normal seats and dont fit in the SI seats... CAN I BUY A converter or some sort of clip to make it work? I NEED it working asap!!! can't drive this bad boy around like this... please help me with ANY idea on ANY of these 3 MAJOR probems you can help me with.. Appreciate anything you can help me with thank you!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 -- Dylan Machado.