Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Need some assistance please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Default Need some assistance please.

Hello I am new to the forums, I will admit I have little car knowledge I specialize in working on computers, so when I went to undergo this task I enlisted the help of my uncles who always work on cars...just not Honda's.

I have a 1990 Honda Civic DX Hatchback 1.5 Liter.
I disassembled the engine, cleaned it cause its been sitting for a long long time. Got a master rebuild kit for it, new seals, rings, barrings honed the piston cylinders new pistons, new fuel filter, fuel pump, new belts.

I got her to turn over she would run idling no problem, but...when you go to drive after so long it dies like its not getting gas or something. The lines are not clogged we cleaned the lines it has a clean line from the tank to the engine. Oh and yes I emptied the gas tank and got new gas.

We have even tried swapping out computers, they were used...but still and used but working fuel injectors main and secondary, and another Carb. Throttle body, still nothing... Today the main fuel injector is now spitting gas out and over the throttle body and onto my window so I do not know what to do...Please if anyone here can help or may know what to do short of taking it to a professional I would GREATLY appreciate it thank you all!

Old 11-03-2010, 07:44 PM

hey i got the same car. i havent did everything you have but hope to very soon. sounds lke the fuel pressure regulator may be bad? it shouldnt be spitting fuel like that. is the fuel inj. continously spitting out gas? if so then it may be stuck open. does the engine want to restart after it dies?

Old 11-04-2010, 02:10 AM

Thank you for your reply, I found out the issue, it was my secondary fuel injector, and my Cata. Converter. She runs like a dream now. I hope this helps you too. What happened was she would start up and run but then when it started to warm up and try to push more exhaust out through the cata. converter it wouldn't allow it out and it pushed it back into the motor. So yeah we took it off and let her run and it never happened again.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:21 AM

Oh that's fine that you found out the issue and have solved it.If there is any other problem then do tell us.