Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Newbie.... Suggestion for 1st Civic Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Default Newbie.... Suggestion for 1st Civic Appreciated

Hello All,

New user here looking to buy my first Civic. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on the model / models with historic reliability & long life. This is my retirement car & although my wife likes the Touring, I wanted to get suggestions for those who have lived with these cars about reliability & a long life, any quirks, anything to stay away from, etc. Looking at 2018-2019 models.

My Thanks & Best Wishes!

Old 09-30-2018, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum i have owned the following cars and my experience with the honda. 90 accord, 180k+ changed rad and exh, due to lived in Hi for first 7 years. 02 civic 230k+ gave to my son, to girlfriend to ?? 380k+ miles, still running, 07 Fit 280K my commuter for work until retired 1 yr ago still being driven got if for sore back easy in and out, I'm short, wife has a 16 hr-v (larger Fit) 1.6 l easy driver, 35mpg hwy. again easy to get in and out for sore back 20k no problems. Civic hurt my back and hit my head going in and out but 40mpg. all good reliability and anything that can do 250k miles is good for the money. the new Pilot is rough to ride and have nav problems, the new crv is ok, all the rest live a long time when normal mx done very little failure on much. ( my own opinion ) i have owned over 75+ cars and trucks in all my driving, honda's have given me the most milage and reliability Tell me what you have decided to get no matter what car. your money to spend get what you're happy with. .

Old 09-30-2018, 01:36 PM

@acmech52

Thanks for the reply! It is appreciated!
We plan to do some test driving in Oct.. & gather info. Also looking for any price incentive on the 18’s vs 19’s which I understand will be coming out mid month.

Again, Thank You!

Old 10-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

if you get your finances in order, check or cash in hand, then go to the internet guy at the dealer, you can get a good price for your car.

Old 10-01-2018, 02:02 AM

@acmech52........Many, Many Thanks for your input. I have only owned USA & German. Our 2011Ford Fusion Sport suffered Steering wheel failure. I only had 2-3 inches of movement at both low & 60-70 mph. I was able to nurse it home after an exciting drive on our curvy country roads. To old a car to through & to experiment with what is wrong. So,far they don’t have a clue.
Looking for reliability this time.

Yeah, this could be a cash deal. Will do some test driving later this week. No 2019’s on the lots here yet so kind of watching for discounts, incentives on the 2018’s. Wife is wanting to drive a Civic Touring Model. She is doing most of the driving since I retired, so......
Appreciate your input!

Old 03-27-2019, 11:59 AM

First of all, welcome to this forum first my personal suggestion is to check Honda Civic Sport Touring CVT. This car has a long life and reliable.

Old 03-27-2019, 08:25 PM

welcome in, I have never owned a Civic but owned several Accords and can say they are one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I own two now and they just seem to last forever. Good luck.

Old 03-29-2019, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Zaidazam1882
First of all, welcome to this forum first my personal suggestion is to check Honda Civic Sport Touring CVT. This car has a long life and reliable.
Thanks for this awesome car suggestion. I was searching to lease Honda Civic 2019 model, and I just found this classy car here with a good deal. I am looking forward to lease Civic for 24 months. I just love this car because of:
  • Excellent fuel economy and performance from turbocharged engines
  • Ride quality expertly balances comfort and athleticism
  • Many available advanced technology and safety features
  • Roomy cabin with high-quality materials

Old 03-30-2019, 11:32 AM

Welcome to the forum, btw honda civic is a good car, I personally use this car.

Last edited by james1883; 04-02-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:50 PM

I will suggest you to buy Honda Accord not civic as Accord is very reliable for long rides. But if you want to go with Civic, there are a lot of options as well. Great that you want latest models. I will recommend you 2019 Honda Civic but to be very honest, I don't have Civic experience. I am Accord lover.

Quick Reply: Newbie.... Suggestion for 1st Civic Appreciated