Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

Paddle Shifters

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Default Paddle Shifters

So I figured this is where most of the ricers hang out so i'll ask this here. But first let me make it clear I DON"T OWN OR WANT TO OWN A CIVIC. I drive an M3. I'm about to do an MDX engine and trans swap into an Audi 80. Only the MDX is automatic and because Honda hates anyone who likes to enjoy driving as far as I can tell none of the J35XX models other than the TL Type S had manual transmissions.

So here we go
Can you get a retrofit paddle shifter kit, program, or anything similar that will work with the MDX's transmission?

If not which i'm assuming is the case is there any other transmission that will mate up to the MDX engine.

If you need more info the MDX is mounted at a 90* angle and is on a transaxle.

Thanks

Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM

okay well you have the wrong place cause one of the main helpers on this site drives a c5 corvette fyi.

also a transmission is only on rwd vehicles but i guess awd use an transmission and transfer case ok u got me.

transaxles are only used on fwd vehicles which is attached to the differential which drives the axle shafts.

btw honda stands for Hold On Not Down Accelerating lol

so knowing this you know the answer you are going to get. there is no other transmission that is going to fit because it uses a transaxle. which means the engine is fit sideways and not front to back.

Please use this information to refrase your question to be more accurate. i am stumped sorry.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM

No tard, AWD cars send there power to an open center differential which is then distributed to the four wheels. And your completely wrong. It's not only FWD cars that use transaxles. Mid engine cars use them as well. Porsche G50 ring a bell? And your wrong again. I did a lot more research the trans from an RL or TL will work. And what I'm looking for is a simple kit that will allow you to modify the stock shifter moving the controls from the gear **** in the middle to the steering wheel. I believe they use actuators. I just can't find one.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:49 AM

ok sorry I was thinking 4wd thanks for correcting me, but i found this and i hope this helps http://www.black-ridge.com/engine-&-...hifter-kit.htm . there are plenty of them out there don't just jump on this one.