Honda Civic Forum This top selling compact car, offered in both a coupe or sedan, has become popular among people who want economy and performance.

The way Honda Civic FN2 Type-R saved my life

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Default The way Honda Civic FN2 Type-R saved my life

I'm a new registration on this forum but I want to share a story with you.

I don't have the Type R anymore. Please consider this as being a tribute and read on.
It's been a wonderful wonderful thrill to drive. It has taken me on highways and through mountain roads. I can still hear the engine revving to 8000 RPM and I miss it. It takes to the road unlike anything I've ever seen before but it only took one moment for it to be gone. I was driving, rather fast, towards my office. There was a curb, I had the priority, I saw it. A car that was coming from the opposite direction was "waiting" to take a left towards a secondary road. And so it did.
The choice was obvious. If you've never been in this kind of situation please trust me, you have all the time in the world to decide. I had to choose between hitting the other car, going around it and onto incoming traffic or going towards somewhat of a concrete wall. I grabbed the steering wheel and braked as hard as I could.
It wasn't enough. Through the smoke emanated by the airbags deploying, I saw the other car, I saw the hood, I saw everything. I checked my body, took the seat belt off and opened the door. Surprisingly, it opened as if nothing happened.
The other driver also got out of her car and I asked if she was OK. She was.

But the Type R was gone. And, before it went, it saved my life. I've asked people in law enforcement, I've sat down with friends, drivers of all sorts. I've shown them the pictures. They said that it was the perfect car to be in at that point. It did whatever it needed to do in order for me to be able to open the door and get out in one piece. I don't even have a scratch.

Next month, I'm buying a new one. It's going to be black, it will have the DRK license plate and it will once again rev under my foot to 8000 RPM.

Please don't be mean. I needed to say this. To be open, to share in my love of this wonderful car. I may be an old romantic but I just needed to tell this to people that I think will understand.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 PM

Welcome in,great story,glad your OK.
K.