Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

2019 HRV Recall - Issues after repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 06:46 PM
Default 2019 HRV Recall - Issues after repair

We took my daughter's 2019 HRV in yesterday to have the repair done on the recall with the fuel pump. Got the car back and it smelled strongly of gas. They had just worked on the car and had to drop the tank, so we figured that was the reason and the smell would go away. The car had to be below 1/2 a tank before taking it in. My husband picked up the car and filled the tank. The fuel gauge never went to fully to FULL. Drove it home and parked it in the driveway and in the morning, the smell of gas was present outside and there was a small leak of gasoline on the driveway (it still smells of gas today). He took the car back first thing this morning and dropped it off for them to fix. He got a call that it was done. Picked up the vehicle, and still a strong smell of gas. He went to put gas in the tank and the gas pump shuts off every time he goes to put gas in it. He tried 4-5 times and it cuts off every time and the gauge still does not show FULL. He drove it immediately back to the shop and by then the all but one of the mechanics had left. The one mechanic saw him looking under the car and came over to him. My husband asked him if he could smell gas. The mechanic and receptionist both said yes, they smelled gas and the receptionist even said you would have to have COVID to not smell it. Receptionist she would talk to mechanics in the morning. I don't think the mechanics know what they are doing. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED ON HOW TO GET THIS RESOLVED AND MAKE SURE IT GETS RESOLVED. My daughter bought this car with her own money two years ago and it is her first "real" car. Thanks for any advice.

Old 08-25-2021, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. Find out when the dealership service manager is in and go in with the car and speak with him, that you have brought the hr-v in for the second time and this will be the third for the recall done improperly, do not yell, document what was said and agreed to, let them fix it for the final time, get a hold of Honda America after the 3ed fix and complain, find out if there is another Honda dealership near by to get it fixed. make sure they are aware of the not full indication which used to show top full. now tank full but indicator does not show full. you should get your car back with an indictor that shows full. i have a 2016 hr-v and we had a clunk noise in the back of the vehicle. we had to take it back 3 times before they found the stabilizer rod attatch was loose, difficult to find. parts were changed and no help on the 2nd check. we did have to leave the car overnight for them to do a good check. drove 3 times to find the same noise we heard. so let them fix it.