Honda Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with Honda Civic Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better HCF? Tell us here.

New Engine mount : Vibrations

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Default New Engine mount : Vibrations

Hello,

I have a 2013 Honda Civic with 80K miles on it. For the last few weeks, the dashboard and the cup holders next to the driver's seat would buzz as if music is playing and the bass is turned on to the max upon start in the morning. The buzz would come and go when I was riding the car.. The ride was sorta bumpy as if the shocks/struts needed replacement. Took it to shop on Wednesday. They said the engine mount (passenger side) is broken and replaced it. When I picked up the car on Thursday and started the car in the shop, the car buzzed even louder and when I pressed the gas, its as if I need to apply extra force to overcome the buzz. Once the speed is more than 40, the buzz goes away and comes back up when the car is at standstill. Been using the shop for 11 years.

I went to the shop yesterday and had a drive with the mechanic with put the mount. He said the make of the mount was Honda and that he has put the mount slightly higher (supposedly the proper position according to him) and expects the vibrations to go away in 3-4 days as the engine moves to adjust. If not, he will have to move one of the other four mounts. They do mounts for Honda all the time and this is typical in the first week or so. The vibrations are less today, although very much there when you idle start or when you accelerate 0-40.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with a new engine mount?

Thank you