Honda Scooters Information on Honda's economical scooters.

1984 Elite 150 resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2022, 12:44 PM
Default 1985 Elite 150 resurrection

Was helping a friend clean out a barn on property he just bought and found a partly disassembled 1985 Elite 150 sitting in a corner. He let me have it as not interested in scooters he has a Harley. I grabbed the few parts readily laying around and it took both of us to get it loaded in the truck as the rear drum was seized. Covered in old cobwebs and lots of dirt at first you would think junk. It has the rear seatback trunk still attached and in the ignition were ..... KEYS! Both the trunk key and bike key, that was awesome.
Today I decided to tinker and see just what I had come across with my new project so tested all locks and they worked as well as the ignition switch. Opening the glovebox was another surprise when the owners manual and original toolkit were still there. Carb was removed at least 10- 15 years ago and wasn't found the other day as well as no airbox. I lifted the seat and a few spiders were rendered homeless but the gas tank actually looked good with no rust and the powdercoat was still intact. No battery but a spider nest that looked ancient. I pulled the battery from my Binelli (now sold only have Honda in my corral) and stuck it in the hole. When I turned on ignition the headlight said hello and turn signal was going. I depressed the foot brake hoping and ..... It turned over like it had been wanting to for so long. I stopped and changed the oil and filled the cooling system with fresh fluids and then sprayed starter fluid in the throat. SHE FIRED RIGHT UP! Save for a few broken tabs on some panels and long lost screws everything was there to put back together minus carb and airbox. I will remove the rear wheel and see the age damage and probably go with a disc conversion rather than new drum pads to update to modern scooter braking power. Filled spray bottle with gas ang got it to run for a few minutes and no leaks or bad sounds. This is originally the silver with blue setup but I am going with the ruby red and dying the other plastics black for the restore. Nothing was in the trunk to those wondering but will go back to the barn next weekend for more cleaning and hope to find the airbox and carb but am ordering an upgrade as well as new belt and clutch. Changing variator rollers as well for better top end and thinking of less restricted muffler. Will post pictures before I begin any work and through restoration.
Also found a 1984 125 road ready and picked it up for the wife to ride. It is the light copper color same as the one Linda Hamilton rode in the Terminator.
Was on the beach its whole life so need to replace the rockers and muffler they are in rough shape but it rides great. Shame the rockers are rusted this bad because otherwise in excellent shape with no road rash or dents. Hard to find them dent free.

Last edited by RE2Master; 05-09-2022 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Few "auto correct" words I noticed that WEREN'T correct!