Honda Scooters Information on Honda's economical scooters.

Desperate help needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 09:45 PM
Default Brake Hub***update problem solved 7-31

***UPDATE 7-31-22***
Okay i got it figured out. So they people I bought this from must have changed tires at some point and when doing so the tab on the fork that fits into the groove on the brake hub wasn't facing the correct way and wasn't in place causing all my issues. I feel dumb but after spending sometime looking on the internet at the manual I found that was the issue. I knew something was wrong looking at that but I am nit that savvy to figure out that quick.

Last night I was driving my 2005 Honda metropolitan II. I was about to turn into my garage when all of a sudden it stalled and tipped on me. Got into the garage to find out that the speedometer and brake cables spun around and got locked in between the hub which they connect into and the black fork(?) that holds the wheel. Just when I think I got it fixed it does it to me again. Any ideas?

Last edited by cbrown; 07-31-2022 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2022, 10:14 PM
Default Hub?

Think I have it mostly figured. It all stems from the hub(?) where speedometer connects into. I have everything tightened up good. But when I hold the front brake and push it (too simulate slamming brakes) the hub then spins pulling the cables back and around. It doesn't seem to matter how snug I make it if I brake hard it causes it to spin. Is there a piece that needs to be replaced, is the hub broken, is it just not tight enough on the nut? Just got this second hand and was told it was in mint condition but I don't think this is normal for the cables and hub to spin when the brake is applied.