Honda Scooters Information on Honda's economical scooters.

Low Pickup even after some parts change

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Arrow Low Pickup even after some parts change

So, I have come to this strange issue with Dio 110 cc honda scooter. Link: https://honda.com.np/motorcycle/dio/

Current Odometer: reading 44k

So, let me get through the timeline:

At around or after 30k, as far as I remember, the pickup on the scooter got decreased suddenly. I had got newly changed variator rolls and fan belt on the system. Despite that, I got the low pickup issue. I use to do regular servicing on the official service center. Then, I told the guys about the low pickup issue. They then checked the carburetor and said the tuning was off we fixed it, the pickup is restored. So, I rode the bike and yeah the pickup was back again. I could easily ride on steep roads with a guy on my back. After the 250-300 run after servicing, the pickup then again went off suddently. Then, I let it be. When I had got 1500km, I then again went for servicing and told the issue. They again retuned by carburetor and voila the problem was fixed. I could again easily ride on steep roads with a guy on my back. But again after the 250-300 run, the pickup would go off. This happen for my 4-5 cycles/ servicing. Everything, they used to retune my carburetor and check the CVT. Then, I went to a local garage and a guy there said, its problem of jet pins inside carburetor. But, I did not change it. I then went to another official service center. There, I happen to change my fan belt, even cleaned and repolished the compression valves. A little little pickup would be added but it was not totally restored. A few hundred kilometers back, they changed some nuts like thing on the CVT it was like a 1 inch like long square circle thing. Then, I rode on a steep like road and it went well and I left that center, happily as I felt the pickup was finally restored after a long 6 months fix of this and that and travelling of here and there, which was around 30kms away from my home. As I was returning home, the pickup slowly and slowly went off, weird and the same steep road which I would ride easily with a guy on back, now it wouldn't. A very weird issue I am facing for more than 6 months. I am not able to find the exact issue anywhere, maybe it is the carburetor itself which I have not replaced or the jet pins which I have not yet replaced as well. Or maybe there is something else missing. I don't feel the power on my hand when I ride the scooter as I used to feel earlier. Yes, as we ride more, the engine tears, and some pickup do get lost somewhere. Can anyone tell, where I am missing or what do I need to get this weird issue solve?

Note: I am using everything genuine except the engine oil. I am using Liqui Moly Syntethic 10w 30.

Old 09-12-2023, 04:35 PM

the only thing i can think of right off hand is to check and see that all the little hoses are securely on the carburetor. i had one come off and it affected performance. i had to clamp it on so it would stay.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:02 PM

you mean they would be loosen? but whenever they opened my carburetor, they said everything is fine and the hoses are not loosen.

that's the only thing remaining on my scooter to be replaced.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:10 PM

unless something is worn out in your carburetor that's the only thing i can think of. check if all the hoses are on tight, if you don't want to, that's up to you

Old 09-12-2023, 09:47 PM

yeah

thats the only thing left to replace or repair as per me.
thanks