New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Back to a Honda.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Default Back to a Honda.......

Back in 2000 I purchased a CR-V for the first time after giving up a gas hog of a Dodge Grand Caravan. Wonderful car to drive. Three years later, the Element started looking good after the first initial opinion of it being an ugly box. So I bought it, placed a flaming comet decal on it and called it my flaming box. Unparallelled room in the cargo department. But after several years it never got the mileage they advertised (low teens!)and I got tired of going to the dealer when they kept telling me that if the check engine light did not come on, there was nothing wrong with it. So I went toward an American Brand hybrid. Now I'd like to try and get a Accord or Civic, maybe a hybrid, but two things concern me. Hybrids seem to not be able to tow anything. I want to be able to tow a small utility trailer every so often. Nothing heavy, after all it is not like I am going to a tractor pull to drag a 50,000 pound sled. And Hybrids don't seem to have room for even a space saver spare. What's up with THAT? a blow up kit just doesn't hack it for me when I could be stranded for a LONG time if I cannot change a tire in the normal manner. So can any of you tell me if the Civic or Accord can do the job of towing (not over a long stretch and not at high speed, and certainly not too heavy) whether if hybrid or otherwise, and who has done so. And who has a spare, whether space saver or full size and whether normal or hybrid. I'LL SIT BACK AND BE QUIET, NOW.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. I watched a honda accord 93 pull a small sail boat. Looked good.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:44 PM

Welcome in.