New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Hi. My Chevy Cruze drove me back to Honda

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Default Hi. My Chevy Cruze drove me back to Honda

I am an American living in Thailand and I just had the WORST experience I have EVER had with any car manufacturer.

Basically GM is running a scam here where they never fix or service your car, but they tell you they do to save on warranty repairs. they just let the warranty run out and let things break and let you pay for it.

I had a Honda City before that for 6 years without fault and EXCELLENT service from Honda. It was the cheapest car they sold at the time and 6 years later they still bowed to us when giving us our keys after a service.

So after a year of use, I went back to the Chevrolet dealer and made them buy the car back. I lost a bit of money, but whatever, I don't care.

I went from the bank straight back to my Honda dealer and ordered a 2012 Civic 1.8L Navi. The car made here is the same one exported to Japan, and based on the reviews I've read from the USA compared to what I test drove and saw here, even though it looks the same outside, in terms of quality, it is a different car.

It may not be sporty, but that's the nicest, quietest ride I've had since I drove a Cadillac CTS in 2003. It screams quality as soon as you step on the gas. All the stuff inside fit perfectly and the plastics arent hard and hallow like the reviews I've seen from back home in the USA.

Anyway, what I wanted was to open a thread when we get our new Civic to show you pictures and a bit of a review so you can see.