New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

you stated that the distributor was replaced, if it was a aftermarket distributor, sometimes they use the same coil that was already in the dist when it came in for overhaul. take a look at its condition and check it out. when a coil gets hot and is in poor condition, it will not let you start the vehicle until it cools down, 10-20 min or so. https://easyautodiagnostics.com/hond...gnition-coil-1

Old 03-24-2022, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by acmech52
you stated that the distributor was replaced, if it was a aftermarket distributor, sometimes they use the same coil that was already in the dist when it came in for overhaul. take a look at its condition and check it out. when a coil gets hot and is in poor condition, it will not let you start the vehicle until it cools down, 10-20 min or so. https://easyautodiagnostics.com/hond...gnition-coil-1
Ok i will have my father teat it an c.. thank u for ur response i will post to let u know what happens.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
Do u mean the ignition coil? Or something different?

Old 03-24-2022, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

yes in the distributor

Old 03-24-2022, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jamiecrv84
Well replaced the crankshaft position sensor an its still doin the dont want to start after iv been driving it.. so idk what else it can b...
On some vehicles, the ECU will use the signal from the cam position sensor to start the engine. Also, with Honda, there is the engine coolant temperature sensor (actually two). One which can cause the engine to not start. If it is faulty then it can let engine start when cold and when heated it will prevent the engine from starting. But, never know with older cars.

Does the engine crank when no start??

Old 03-25-2022, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor
On some vehicles, the ECU will use the signal from the cam position sensor to start the engine. Also, with Honda, there is the engine coolant temperature sensor (actually two). One which can cause the engine to not start. If it is faulty then it can let engine start when cold and when heated it will prevent the engine from starting. But, never know with older cars.

Yes it cranks over but wont start after its been running an i turn it off thats when it wont start but does crank.. will the coolet temperature sensor would my car over heat if it was bad? Cuz its not over heating at all the temperature gauge stays rt in the middle like normal.. jw..

Last edited by Jamiecrv84; 03-25-2022 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2022, 12:17 AM

There is actually two sensors. One sensor acts like a switch to turn on the cooling fans and the other sends a signal to the ECU.
If that sensor goes bad then the engine can overheat.

The one that sends the signal to the ECU can be faulty and cause this issue.
Just like a bad crank sensor or cam sensor. I do not have the wiring diagram for your vehicle so can not say for certain.
It was a passing thought.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:26 AM

I have the factory info on your 99 CRV if you want a diagram.

Old 03-26-2022, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor

Replaced the coolant sensor an now shes back to normal ty for the help everyone

Old 03-27-2022, 12:53 AM

Thanks for coming back and letting us know the fix.

Quick Reply: Help please