New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

new to honda, and torn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Default new to honda, and torn!

let me explain. first off, hi to all the honda-ites out there. i am looking forward to joining the honda club, by purchasing my first honda. i thought i had decided on getting a fit. that was until my wife said that she thought a civic would be better for the kind of driving i do 5 days a week. i currently own an '04 chevy aveo, and have come to the realization that it won't last long.
let me describe the driving involved. i have a 40 min commute to work everyday. i tend to do highway speeds of around 90-110km/hr. (i'm canadian eh!). the drive involves going up a windy section of highway, and then coming back down the other side. and the same going home.
now that you know what kind of commute i have, you can understand why i think the aveo is going to crap out on me.

anyway, having said that i was hoping to get peoples opinion/ personal experience with the fit, and the civic.

i like the fit lx, because it comes with a/c. but my worry is the size of the engine. compare that to the civic dx, which doesn't have a/c, but has a slightly larger engine....son of a b, i hate trying to make decisions.

anyway, thank you for any help, and suggestions anyone has, and thank you or taking the time to respond to my long winded first post!

tim

Old 06-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new to honda, and torn!

Aloha shnail: Welcome to the forum, hope some of us can help you. I own a fit lx auto , price about 18.5k it currently has 8,200 miles, I drive 125 miles round trip daily, in california. I drive the 138 ( bloody alley due to lots of accidents, deadly ones) and up and down the 15, truckers will go as slow as 20 mph up the grade. I currently get 32 low to 42 high miles per gallon. When going up the grade and through the 138 if pushing max speed of 65 mph and 80 mph(speed sign plus 10) I will get 34-36 mph. If driving the speed limit 38-42 mph. Driving through city 32 mph w/ ac on. Handling is great, it has more cab space than a civic, taller people can ride in it comfortable. the rear seats fold down flat not like the civic incline.
I have carried 2 bags of cement 60 lbs each, 2 bags of dog food 35lbs ea, 1 week of food shopping, 8 ft 2 x 2 lumber, large cooler to put in 8 half gallons cartons of fruit punch, All fit and more room to carry.
My mom has the 07 civic, it too is a comfortable car, the roof line feels like it has been dropped, the drivers seats go up and down now, and the seats feel like recardo to keep you in the seat. Power is ok for a 1.8, 40 mpg driving level auto. Price is 19.5 to 22.5 k

Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]