New Member Area New to HF? Stop in tell us about yourself.

Old kel intro

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 07:10 AM
Default Old kel intro

Hi New to the forum but not particularly to Hondas.

Potted car history from what I can remember:- 69 Hillman Minx (Hunter shape), 66 Humber Sceptre (fins n chrome) resprayed 2 tone blue, 75 Humber Sceptre Estate (posh Hunter) resprayed metallic Red and Holbay race engine fitted, 76 BMW 320i (check date early version with 4 cylinder engine), 83 Opel Monza (manual) resprayed resprayed metallic dark Red, 87 Carlton GSE (newest car owned). 86 Monza GSE (manual but a bad un), 89 Granada Scorpio (Supplied as nearest exchange to Monza), 85 Monza GSE (manual) fully stripped and sprayed Opel grey. Monza was summer car bought cars for winter including 2 Renault 5’s Mk1 Brilliant, Mk2 rubbish, Lancia Y10. Whilst owning Lancia switched jobs where you had to park up a back street so ran Lancia all year round but thought I could do with a proper daily driver and thus started Honda’s and Grey Imports 92 CRX 1500 (on carbs but brill) , 96 Integra DC2 SRiG (type R lookalike from Japan manual with a sunroof 1800 vtec mugen exhaust etc) Resparayed Purple metallic. At this point Monza was showing rust again despite being garaged and the teg was such fun sold both and bought a 2001 DC5 Integra Type R (arctic blue) brill car but I was a bit to old for it and the combination of hard ride and poor roads round here mean’t that 80% of the time it was a pain, 15% joy and 5% a bit too soft. On top of that I was travelling long way to a new job mainly motorways, which to be fair was ok, but the bit across country was starting to shake her to bits ,central locking, instruments etc. Next up a 58 plate Diesel Accord Estate (at least it was the same shade of blue) and handier for bike races (Time trials silly lycra and pointy hats brigade, and new bikes with tri bars that made getting them in cars awkward, to think I used to get 2 bikes , kit and a mate in the CRX). The new job did provide spare cash though and mid life crisis / needing something a bit more fun/different started to hunt for another CRX, hunt being operative word scouring country for a VTEC , sometimes only looking at them on the drive before coming home, honest mate best in the country! Settled for current one but prob best of a bad job or just got desperate. It was deliberately a UK car as the main issue with grey imports was always being ripped off for insurance. But perhaps the not best plan no A/C no power steering and loads of rust, taking off the side mouldings revealed a nightmare, its amazing what you miss when checking a car you want take the lack of dust covers on the brakes, bent nails holding ball joints in. Should have binned it or broke it for parts (especially at todays prices) but decided to do it up, its only little how long can it take. Long enough to buy another fun car to run around in summer (did say I had a job that paid at this point) anyway an 86 Aerodeck (manual) was purchased. Pretty much up to date the blue estate is now replaced by a 62 version (Type S), after briefly trying Leon and BMW estates.

Kel

MID LIFE CRISIS

CURRENT BUS

OLDER BUS

Old 02-16-2022, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum.

Old 02-17-2022, 07:09 AM

Thanks I hope my first postings on the DPF's are not to contentious, not sure what goes I went on the "official" with a few questions re workshop manuals and how bumpers grills etc fit but there does not appear to be a lot happening.
Regards
Kel