Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Catalytic converter

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 02:34 AM
Default Catalytic converter

Dear Honda Forum!
Last time, a thief trying to steal my catalytic converter. But I find out, so he does not have a chance to take it. Unfortunately, today he came again and succeeded to take my stuff. I try to look in the Honda manual; it does not mention the part's name. It just tells a three-way catalytic converter. Can you tell me which kind of catalytic converter I need because I try to search it online with the keyword "2004 Honda Odyssey catalytic converter"--it shows many different shapes of the converter. And can you also give me a rough value of the cost range to repair by the used or new one? Finally, this is my first time to be in this situation; should I bring them to a muffler shop to fix it when I gather enough of the parts? Or what else do I need?
I truly appreciate your kind supports!

Old 11-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

i don't know if where you live have strict smog rules. you can look up the parts for your Odyssey at Cheaperhondaparts.com Converter. PN. 18160-P8F-A10 cost retail is 1590.00 cheaperhondaparts cost is 1113.27 if your state does not have a smog check, you can perhaps get a good used cat from another odyssey to replace the one that is stolen. if you get an after market, it may not last long with all the sensors the Ody has to run properly,. the converter is expensive because it has Iridium in the converter.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:34 PM

First, thank you so much, acmech52, for the knowledge from cheaperhondaparts. I will keep this website in my note. I live in Rosemead CA. I just passed a smog check about 5 months ago. You introduced me exactly what am I looking for. I will try to go to the muffler store to ask the owner about the used replacement from another odyssey. If they don't have it, I will go to buy it at the price of cheaperhondaparts as you mention. Also, I will try to set some kind of alarm that sirens when people go below or touch my car because the converter fix is too expensive for a student like me.

Old 11-07-2020, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

you might want to consider the voltage alarm. when someone touches the car it will shock them like touching the lawnmower spark plug while running. or one with an airhorn.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:52 PM

I owe you once again. I also take note of the "voltage alarm" to shock thieves and the airhorn to talk with the alarm mechanic when I go there to set up the system.
Many thanks, acmech! you are amazing!