Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Help need reverse advice please

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 10:59 PM
Default Help need reverse advice please

I need advice on how to disable a 2006 Honda Odyssey so it does not run temporarily without major harm to vehicle. My girlfriends mom is in town for a wedding and she is an alcoholic. My girl is afraid she is going to drive the day of the wedding and cannot get her moms keys from her. She wants to disable the vehicle so it cannot be driven that day but not do any damage to her van. Is there a way we can do this? What could we do to make the van not start on a temporary basis without causing any damage to the vehicle? She won't give us the keys so I don't have access to inside the van and I think the hood needs released from inside the van as well. What can I do to help my girlfriend and keep her mom from driving the van while she's here?

Old 04-20-2021, 08:47 AM

If the exhaust system is in good condition, stick a potato or banana in the exhaust pipe to clog it up
Should stop it from being started?? Don't know. Have not tried it but always see this in movies.
If you don't have an air compressor handy, take air out of her tires.
Make sure you tell her ahead of time that her tires are flat
Drunks will drive on flat tires.
Hide her keys when you get a chance. She can not always be carrying her keys??
But, the easiest is to get inside the hood and take out the ECM fuse
Ask to borrow the van?? Then forget where you parked it??

Old 04-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. see if you can remove the negative side of the battery cable attatched to the engine or frame, this will not allow any light or power to start, but looks like the terminals are hooked up or take out the 50a main breaker. again no start. putting a potato in the tail pipe will allow the engine to run and will build pressure and possible to blow the muffler out.

Old 04-27-2021, 12:04 AM

"borrow the keys" for any reason and swap them from another Honda. Chip and remote won't work.

Denver boot with a few extra parking tickets or a fake impound warning on the window.

box the car in with other cars.