Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Noise from left front

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Default Noise from left front

I have a 2006 Odyessey and after the van sits for about one hour and I take it for a ride about 50 feet down the road I hear what sounds like a springing noise from the drivers side that happen really quick.Then it will not happen again as long as I continuedrive it. It almost sounds like the A/C clutch kicking in but it is on the other side and I ruled that out by turning the A/C off and it still happens. It is a hard quick pop with a springing action after it happens. I can feel it when it happens withmy foot as I'm driving. The Honda dealer tried to BS me by saying it was the AC but I tried telling them that it happens with the A/C off. Then they said that they did not no what it is and even said well I really don't hear anything BS again. If anyone one can help I sure would appreciate it!!!!

Duane

Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Noise from left front

welcome to the forum. Does this noise come at a certain speed, over a bump, smooth road, at any particular speed, turning, straight road. trying to get some info to cause the noise.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the response!! It only happens when I'm going straight and at slow speeds around 5mph. It sounds like somthing is becoming disengaged with a springing actioning. The van normally needs to sit for a while before it happens. Like I said it sounds like it is coming from the drivers side and I can feel it with my foot on the loor board. At the time it happens I never had my foot on the brake. Thanks for any information!!!

Duane

Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Try this for trouble shooting (t/s) jack up the front of your car, place jacks for safety and chocks on rear tires 2X4 to not roll. step on the brake and place in gear, allow to roll up to 5 mph and see if the spring sound comes. Has your car ever been in a front end collision, Need to ask because my car (Off brand) had a crack in the cross under carriage and when I drove up a drive way, sometimes it made a creaking sound, took a while for me to find it.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

one more thing I forgot to advise on, check the conditon of your left front spring/strut Do you hear the noise only on the first run of the day, or constant thru out the day.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:23 PM

It has never been wrecked and it only happens once after I begin driving it for the first time that day. It can happen again if I let the van sit for a while. It happen after I pull out of the drive way and drive acout 50 feet. If I contiune to drive it will not happen again until I stop and let the van sit.

Thanks again!!
Duane

Old 11-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Have you had the chance to jack your car up to view the undercarriage, and all the bushings.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:56 PM

The only thing I did was have the Honda dealer look at it butas soon as I get some time I will try looking under the van. Thanks

Duane
Simplybluepools.com