Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Possessed 2016 Van

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 08:41 AM
Default Possessed 2016 Van

My alarm goes off without anyone or thing near it.
The door continuously try and lock while driving at times. Three trips to the dealer- I get the usual unless we can duplicate it we can't fix it. The best was take a video of the vehicle while its doing- I said so video taping the alarm going off will help fix it????
Not a Happy Owner - Picking up vehicle today after its latest "repair"

Old 06-21-2022, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Halo
My alarm goes off without anyone or thing near it.
The door continuously try and lock while driving at times. Three trips to the dealer- I get the usual unless we can duplicate it we can't fix it. The best was take a video of the vehicle while its doing- I said so video taping the alarm going off will help fix it????
Not a Happy Owner - Picking up vehicle today after its latest "repair"
Did they ever figure out what was causing the problem? They had mine in all last week for the same thing. They couldn't figure it out, but only suggested a free things they could try for close to $1500. Some certified mechanics they are. We aren't the only two people to have this happen, so you'd think they would know the fix.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:47 PM

When the door locks continuously try to lock while driving, it means that one or more of the lock actuators is sending an unlock signal to the MICU.
The fix would be to figure out which lock actuator and replace it.

The alarm is another story.
Sometimes (and this may not be your issue), the hood pin is not adjusted correctly and any wind will move the hood just enough to cause the alarm to go.

Old 06-22-2022, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by avisitor
When the door locks continuously try to lock while driving, it means that one or more of the lock actuators is sending an unlock signal to the MICU.
The fix would be to figure out which lock actuator and replace it.

The alarm is another story.
Sometimes (and this may not be your issue), the hood pin is not adjusted correctly and any wind will move the hood just enough to cause the alarm to go.
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and report back. I thought about just unplugging the hood sensor, but wasn't sure if it would mess with anything else. Thanks again.