Odyssey Forum This minivan is among the class leaders thanks to its roomy interior and powerful engine offerings.

Power sliding doors problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Default Power sliding doors problems

2004 odyssey exl. For the last couple of years the power side sliding doors have worked then not worked, sometimes both doors sometimes only one will work (open). When I use either the remote or the dashboard switch I will get a warning 'beep' like the van was still in gear or moving,but its still and in Park. This happens on an intermittent basis. If I manually open the door it will not close automatcially. Last week both doors worked great now only the right side works. When I press open I get the beep. Help. Joe

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 AM

Apparently this worked for the 2001 model, maybe it will for yours - Remove fuse #13 for 30 seconds or more from the passenger side fusebox. This will reset the door and the clock.Good Luck!

Old 04-06-2011, 04:49 PM

THANK YOU you know more than the dealer. Since I was having some battery drain problems I disconnected the battery thinking that was the same as removing #13. WRONG, after I hooked up the battery I removed #13 for 1 minute and reinserted. doors worked!!!!!! Why, don't know......JOE

Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 AM

Awesome!Glad you managed to fix it!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Hello! My Driver side door stopped working. No beep no noise at all. Passenger side is fine. Door locks electronically, and I can hear the gas cap switch engauge when I push the button inside the gas cover. The door will manually un latch and can be forced open. Just looking on the rail the cable both fore and aft looks intact. No sound at all coming from the latch motor.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM

hello. I have a 2006 Odyssey and having issues. They work well, open/close without issues and no warning in the dash however the door buzzer won't stop while in motion so I turn the dash switch off. What has happened is after 2 days of sitting the battery goes dead. I replaced the battery less than a month ago and again this past weekend the battery was dead. I removed the driver side slider fuse, as i believe this was the problem because I have had 2 motors and other service done by Honda tech's, this was under warranty. Now it's out of warranty and guess what they don't know what the problem and want to go deep into the system. This doesn't make much sense to me at this point. Any suggestion before I figure out which is the power to the door and turn that off