Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic... just about anything goes.

Strange PM...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Default Strange PM...

I got a PM from a user:
ForumAdmin
I didnt know what to belive before I noticed he had 0 posts.
And I dont know what he wrote. I cant read it. lol
But im guessing that its a hoaks :P
(I remowed the link so noone would press it)

Вам предупреж
Здравствуйте, 88nightrider!С Вашего компьютера была замечена вирусная активность.Настоятельно рекомендуем проверить компьютер на вирусы, срочно пройдите онлайн проверку на нашем сайте: (linkn remowed) Если Вы не предпримите меры мы будем вынуждены удалить Ваш аккаунт и подать жалобу на Вас вашему интернет провайдеру.----------------------------------------------------С уважением, Администрация форума hondaforum.com

Old 02-23-2010, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

this person is from a foreign country, and many of them end up as nasty posts or selling something other than honda. we try to clear these up as soon as an administrator catches it. Sorry for the unreadable junk.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 AM

Thank you.
The link was to a hoaks virus-scan.
So to anyone reading this: If you get a pm or email from anyone claiming your computer is infected and gives you a link to a "virus-scanner", dont listen to them...

Old 03-08-2010, 11:37 AM

I got the same PM as well, its in russian. It is a link to some nasty stuff, its a good thing I renewed my anti-virus the other day when I clicked on the link it went ape **** stopping so many attacks! the message reads as follows

How do you do. Today, the administrator of forum hondaforum.com reported to us about the fact of the distribution of [spama] by the members of this forum ([Spamery]: Motorized Of mayhem) we, imperatively recommend to you the passing of on-line checking on our site: http://stopspamworld.servebbs.org/virusscanner/ in the case, ignoring the requirements of the organization Of stopSpam, we leave after ourselves the right to give complaint to your the Internet to provider of the blocking of access to [Internetu].[S] by respect, universal organization for protection from [spama] Of stopSpam.