Other Honda Cars and Trucks Don't see your vehicle listed above yet? This is the place for your information.

2001 Honda passport timing belt broken

Old 01-10-2017, 09:20 PM
Default 2001 Honda passport timing belt broken

My friend was driving my passport back from work while I was out of town one day and he says that he heard a fast ticking/knocking before the car cut off. He tried to start it back up but it wouldn't start and trouble with tow company and insurance ensued...anyways, nobody has looked at the car, but everyone say they think it the timing belt broke or came off track. I know this is had news because from what I've read they are interference motors and the pistons and valves will collide. Now I'm deciding whether or not I should rebuild it using my junyard sources, put in a used motor, or a swap. Or part the whole car out altogether.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:16 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. if the passport is in good condition, confirm timing belt is bad, don't rotate engine. go to ebay and find a salvage yard that has your complete engine. and you or a business to change the engine. If the cost is to high over the value of the vehicle, junk the passport. if you can save and keep the car, it would be a plus, no car payments.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:02 AM

Welcome in,just for giggles pull the cover to see if the belt did break.