Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

'09 Driver side RR Courtesy Light Wont Turn On

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 05:41 PM
Lightbulb '09 Driver side RR Courtesy Light Wont Turn On

Replaced all the bulbs in my 2009 Pilot with LEDs. On my driver's side right-rear door the LED bulb did not fit. Turns out the factory just jammed the bulb in there and bent the connector pins to hell, which is why the new LED would not fit. I took a tiny screw driver and unbent the connector pins holding the bulb and I believe I caused a short somewhere. Now neither the old bulb or the new LED work in that connector. Checked under-hood fuse #22 which controls all interior lights and this fuse is fine, all my other lights work fine just not the driver's RR light.

I pulled the door panel off the door and replaced part 'sub-wire harness' 32758-SZA-A001 which has the courtesy light connector and this did not fix my issue. After replacing the wiring harness for the courtesy connector I still have the same issue. I have gone through just about all the fuses ranging from 7.5A to 20A and did not find any blown fuses. I am beginning to suspect some other part however cannot track it down.

The switch on the driver's RR door is working and activates dome lights and door ajar dash warning when door is open and turns off when door is shut. The door speaker, window and auto-locking electronics are all still working, so the problem is just isolated to this 1 connector and wherever is further "upstream" from there.

Ideas?

Old 02-24-2019, 06:21 PM

Welcome in,check to see if you have power to that light socket,you may need to replace the bulb bracket or possible run new wire.ill bet it's the connectors and the ground is most likely the problem.