Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 08:07 PM
Angry

My 2020 Pilot Elite (purchased in February) started having this issue last week. I was scheduled to take it in today to have it looked at, but the battery died (I mean, completely dead) and I had to get it towed there.

My service manager told me that there is no fix for the popping issue, and Honda is working on it and hopes to have a fix within the next week or so. I'm not holding my breath.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Default Cracking noise

Originally Posted by antch
My 2020 Pilot Elite (purchased in February) started having this issue last week. I was scheduled to take it in today to have it looked at, but the battery died (I mean, completely dead) and I had to get it towed there.

My service manager told me that there is no fix for the popping issue, and Honda is working on it and hopes to have a fix within the next week or so. I'm not holding my breath.
I had the same issue and it was really really bad. Dealer changed the farka connectors on the whole infotainment setup, blueray player, radio etc. problem went away.

the dash issue has a recall to reprogram the gauge control modu

le

Old 08-12-2020, 10:45 AM

They said they did the gauge fix while my car was in, and interestingly enough the speaker popping sound was gone when I got the car back and hasn't happened since then. They didn't do anything to try to address it, not sure why it went away. I'm guessing that it's only a matter of time before it comes back.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:33 AM
Default Tsb 20-058

Originally Posted by Mjskipper
I had the same issue and it was really really bad. Dealer changed the farka connectors on the whole infotainment setup, blueray player, radio etc. problem went away.

the dash issue has a recall to reprogram the gauge control modu

le
thanks for the update. Were the fakra connectors replaced as part of TSB 20-058?

Old 08-15-2020, 05:03 PM
Default Service bulletin

Originally Posted by Trb711
Hello!

I saw your car was having the same issues with the popping and cracking sounds from the front speakers. My 2020 Honda Pilot touring car is doing the same thing and they redirected the wires on the car to help the display screen from going blank from a communication signal error and the front speakers from popping and cracking with the radio on or off it does it. The display is fine for now the popping and cracking is still there. I saw that the MOST bus network needs to be checked and fixed if broken. Have you had any issues since your last most bus connection was fixed on the gauge control module? They told me they needed to talk to a engineer also.
there is a service bulletin at Honda for the crackling noise. You don’t have to reproduce. They will service it for you. It’s not a recall so you have to take it in and say “has crackling noise”. Or something to that effect. There are apparently two phases to the bulletin. So they will swap connectors on phase 1. If it comes back they will change harnesses, etc. I just took it in yesterday, got it back today. Fingers crossed that I never hear the noise again.

Old 08-15-2020, 05:04 PM
Default Pilot 2020

Thanks for the update. Was your service part of TSB 20-058?

Old 08-15-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Pilot2020
Thanks for the update. Was your service part of TSB 20-058?
Yes.

see invoice

Old 08-15-2020, 07:23 PM
Default Pilot 2020

Thank you so much for the details. Did you get it serviced at autonation Honda Dulles in Virginia? Or some other autonation?

Old 08-16-2020, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Pilot2020
Thank you so much for the details. Did you get it serviced at autonation Honda Dulles in Virginia? Or some other autonation?
Serviced in Miami, Fl... hope this helps

Old 08-16-2020, 07:59 AM

Thanks, this helps! I just wanted to see if my dealership fixed this issue for others?

Quick Reply: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds