Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Default 2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds

Hello, car has less than 1k miles. About a week ago, I started to hear popping sounds like ice was hitting the windshield. 100% random to when it occurs. Still trying to figure out if I can stop it by turning off radio, or AC, or opening and closing door.

Happens when driving or when parked.

Here is the youtube video with the popping sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi2P...ature=youtu.be

Any clues?

Second issue in under 1k miles. First issue was a loud rubbing sound from driver side window. They said some glue was left on the window and it was rubbing against the rubber.

Now onto the second issue.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:28 AM
Default Same Issue with my 2019 Honda Pilot Elite

my 2019 pilot elite starting making the cracking sound about 30 days after purchase. i too described it to the technician as glass cracking or ice cracking. my husband and i believe it is something with the speakers and it may be more like a bad connection with wires. of course, when i took it in, no one heard anything. also when it auto locks, there is a "static" sound in the locking mechanism.

is there anyone else experiencing this and, if so, have you been given an answer to what's causing this. i'm pretty upset that my vehicle is less than a year old and already i'm having what appears to be an electrical issue.

thanks for any input.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. if possible record or video the cracking sound and the static sound for the tech to help them out. also may have to leave your car there for them to test themselves. don't try to fix it yourself if still under warranty. document everything, date, temp, accessories on or off.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:58 PM

I have not taken the car in yet, but I did find this service bulletin from May 2019. A19030B That I will show the tech. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...55369-0001.pdf

Old 12-26-2019, 11:53 AM

My 2020 Touring had the same crackling sound problem which began the second or third week I had it. I took it in and they said it was because some of the connections in the infotainment system were too tight. They had it for 4 days, but it hasn't made the noise again since I've had it back.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:21 PM

I also have a 2020 Touring with the cracking/popping sound from the speakers. I hope it's as easy to fix as loose connections.

Originally Posted by penaloza79
My 2020 Touring had the same crackling sound problem which began the second or third week I had it. I took it in and they said it was because some of the connections in the infotainment system were too tight. They had it for 4 days, but it hasn't made the noise again since I've had it back.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:09 AM

My 2019 touring started making the cracking/popping sound over the weekend at around 1k miles. It happens to come from all three front speakers one after the other and repeats every 3 second or so. Took it to the dealer yesterday...they initially said they pinpointed the problem to a loose connection in the system bus. However, today they called and said they have opened an issue with the Honda engineering about this. Not sure what is going on...this makes me nervous.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Thank You malcolm phillips for your input. greatly appreciated.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
Thank You malcolm phillips for your input. greatly appreciated.
Your welcome. I hope this helps.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by shsd
My 2019 touring started making the cracking/popping sound over the weekend at around 1k miles. It happens to come from all three front speakers one after the other and repeats every 3 second or so. Took it to the dealer yesterday...they initially said they pinpointed the problem to a loose connection in the system bus. However, today they called and said they have opened an issue with the Honda engineering about this. Not sure what is going on...this makes me nervous.
Got the car back yesterday. They had to reroute the wiring harnesses in the dash. But apparently that didn’t fix it. They called Honda tech line and per their advice, checked MOST bus connectors for gauge control module. So far, no popping sound and everything seems to be working fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds