Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Default 2020 Honda Pilot popping and cracking sound on front speakers

Originally Posted by shsd
Got the car back yesterday. They had to reroute the wiring harnesses in the dash. But apparently that didn’t fix it. They called Honda tech line and per their advice, checked MOST bus connectors for gauge control module. So far, no popping sound and everything seems to be working fingers crossed.
Hello!

I saw your car was having the same issues with the popping and cracking sounds from the front speakers. My 2020 Honda Pilot touring car is doing the same thing and they redirected the wires on the car to help the display screen from going blank from a communication signal error and the front speakers from popping and cracking with the radio on or off it does it. The display is fine for now the popping and cracking is still there. I saw that the MOST bus network needs to be checked and fixed if broken. Have you had any issues since your last most bus connection was fixed on the gauge control module? They told me they needed to talk to a engineer also.

Old 03-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Unhappy 2020 Pilot Popping sounds

We have a 2020 Pilot Touring and it also has the popping/crackling sound. We have taken it back to the dealer and, naturally, it did not make the noise at the dealership. This is driving us nuts. They replaced the electrical harness, supposedly under the supervision of a master tech from Dallas, and it continues to make the noise. What is HONDA's response to this situation? They are acting like it is an isolated issue, but this forum shows that it is happening to many customers AND it has been going on since at least 2019 models. As with others, it started soon after receiving the vehicle. As of today, it only has about 4,000 miles.

Old 04-09-2020, 10:16 AM
Default After repair it was gone, then came back!

I have had my 2020 Black Edition Pilot in 3 times. Each time I got it back the crackling was fine for awhile then came back. I researched Lemon law on google. It states that if a repair under warranty exceeds 4 attempts or a total of 30 days in a calendar year you are entitled to a refund or replacement by the manufacturer. I have been told that the wiring was wrong the first time then that a fuse connection was loose. 4 days after getting it back the last time I heard the cracking very lightly and not since. I’m just waiting now, feeling certain it will be back.

Old 04-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Angry popping/cracking noise

Hello, So I just bought a 2020 Honda Pilot Touring on 3/31/20 and guess what I am having the same popping/cracking issues. I have had it at the dealer twice now and it still makes the noise and screens go black. I am currently waiting for dealer to have a loaner car for me so they can keep the Honda until they can get it fixed. My car has less than 500 miles and those miles are going to and from dealer. They replaced the infotainment control unit. I was about 20 minutes from the dealer when it started popping again. The dealer is 1 hour away from my house. I called American Honda and filed a complaint. Please I hope they can get this fixed.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the info ,it may help other members in the future.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:11 PM

Hi, I have not had the popping sound since the repair. I think it has to do with the connectors and the shielding of the wires. The most bus cables are carrying a lot of data and any poor connection can pick up noise or interference from other systems like the ecm etc. I had left the car in the dealership for several days, I wanted them to do a thorough troubleshooting with Honda engineering and fix the issue correctly.

Old 05-16-2020, 10:28 PM
Default 2020 Honda Passport Touring -- same popping sounds

We have a 2020 Honda Passport Touring purchased in January and currently less than 3K miles on it. Yesterday it just started having the exact same popping sound described in this thread. It sound completely baffled us until I found this thread. I'll be talking to the dealership this week to get it fixed and will post a follow up when repair is completed.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:21 PM

Just bought a 2020 Pilot EX but I actually wanted to buy a LX as those do not have the info screen issues {small limited screen). Test driving a LX, I quickly discovered that the lack of lumbar support was an issue I could not live with.
Now I have learned that you can actually have a lumbar installed via aftermarket for around $300.
With only a 100 mi I have yet to experience the 'popping' issue yet.
Does this affect every Pilot?
Thanks new member, first post (prior Ridgeline owner).

Old 05-22-2020, 10:59 AM

Hope this solves the issue for you.

Old 05-29-2020, 03:20 PM
Default Honda Pilot cracking popping sound from dashboard

We have the exact same problem with our three week old honda pilot touring 2020 model and I was also able to record it as well. After looking at different videos on youtube and other forums, I am surprised honda is aware of this problem from over a year now and they are still selling the cars to consumers.

Quick Reply: 2019 Honda Pilot Touring Popping Sounds