Pilot Forum This mid sized SUV offers the towing capacity of a small truck, with the interior room of an SUV.

Oil Pressure Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 12:22 PM
Default Oil Pressure Switch

Oil Pressure Switch

Oil Pressure Switch

Subscribed

Chrischuck73 , Today 12:19 PM
My wife has an 06 Pilot EX-L 2wd (has 196,000 miles). Yesterday the car suddenly started stuttering and lost power. We got to our destination, but when we left, the check engine and VSA light came on. Car went into limp home mode. The service manager at the dealership said the oil pressure switch had to be replaced, which seems to be right based on what I’ve read. However, he recommended we replace a screen and the spool valve because he’s seen cars come back after having the oil pressure switch replaced with this work being needed. Is this second repair really needed? The dealership wants $1,500 to do all of that and an oil change (which I always do myself). I don’t know if this is relevant, but the ground wire to the battery corroded and broke. I couldn’t get the broken part out of the clip so I wired it up behind a bolt as best I could. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-07-2021, 07:28 AM

Welcome in, you could let them replace the pressure switch and take your chances but it sounds legit that a good mechanic would recommend a screen and spool valve, then again it might be cheaper to do it while they are in there. I myself would take my chances with just replacing the pressure ere switch. Good luck.

Old 04-09-2021, 05:11 PM
Default Oil Pressure Switch reply

Thank you for your response. I had the dealership replace the oil pressure switch. I’m hoping we won’t need to have the other recommended work done.