Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

2019 front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 PM
Default 2019 front end noise

I have a clunk in the front end while backing and going forward slowly and turning. So far the service department has been unable to identify. Has anybody experienced this clunk before?

Old 11-23-2020, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. If there is a way to record the noise on your phone or recorder of some type and talking into the recorder as to the speed, turns being made as the noise is being made, it will help the tech to find it. You may have to leave the car for them to drive around a couple of days to find it. On our 2017 the rear clunk was a loose torsion bar nut loose. had to leave it for 3 days for the techs to find it.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:12 PM
Default 2019 front end noise

Originally Posted by acmech52
Welcome to the forum. If there is a way to record the noise on your phone or recorder of some type and talking into the recorder as to the speed, turns being made as the noise is being made, it will help the tech to find it. You may have to leave the car for them to drive around a couple of days to find it. On our 2017 the rear clunk was a loose torsion bar nut loose. had to leave it for 3 days for the techs to find it.
thank you so very much, acme has, for your early response. You make a good suggestion of video. Meanwhile, the dealer has been most helpful in his efforts. This second trip has resulted in 5 days stay, several drives, two with me, and even discussion with the factory engineers. Today they called with encouragement. They will replace a strut and knuckle to see if that does it. So glad from the progress and super happy with the effort. I’ll post soon with results or lack thereof. Please note this is my third new Ridgeline so I’ve been most happy with them. Also note I’m not undercutting the dealer, but rather offering assistance in a difficult situation. Thanks again. I’m impressed by your quick response.

Old 11-24-2020, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Thank You for your kind words and response. Happy Thanks Giving

Old 11-24-2020, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by acmech52
Thank You for your kind words and response. Happy Thanks Giving
hello acmech52!! I got my RL back today. No replacement parts needed so far. Cause: brace from RH frame rail to center of radiator support were not tight enough and were lubed and tightened and seems to fix the problem. That was after swopping suspension from a new RL on the lot and not solving the clunk noise. Kudos to the dealership who stayed with it to fix. I’m still impressed with the RL and dealership service. And you’re tops on the list as well. Happy Thanksgiving and hope you find a way to celebrate with family somehow. Our world can use some love right now. Glad to know you!

Old 11-24-2020, 08:30 PM

Thanks for coming back and posting the fix.
Much appreciated.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by avisitor
Thanks for coming back and posting the fix.
Much appreciated.
Hopefully this may help someone else. I know I appreciate helpful hints and and friendships are developed that way. Thank you.