General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please identify the noise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Default Please identify the noise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QV0jLQ__k

My car has the exact same noise as the clip above.
I would really appreciate if someone can help me identify what that noise is. I have my car checked twice in these couple months. When I took it to my Honda dealer, they could not find anything nor could not hear any noise. But when going home... the noise come back all the time.

Could somebody please help??

Old 12-16-2009, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. how many miles do you have on your car and what year is it. sounds like the tattle tale metal on the brake pad that rubs on the rotor when the pad is worn low to prevent the next noise of metal to metal.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Default Already had a dealer to check the breaks.

Civic 2008. It's 25 months old with 22,2xx on mileage.
I went to the Honda dealer twice asking them specificly to check my breaks. The first time, they said it's nothing(July 09) . A month later, they said my break is good (Sep 09). And the worst thing.. they still could not find anything. They cleaned my break and told me that my car had excellent condition. Unfortunately, it's obviously not.... (When I took my car there. The noise disappeared.)

Old 12-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

with your car still under warranty, you need to let them fix the noise. Do a detailed date, time, speed every time you drive the car for a week. Then take the car in with the detailed write up and hope they can make the car do the same noise.
Just wondering if you live in a humid or rainy place, If you do and you hear the noise only on your first brake appliction or first drive of the day, you may hear noise until you apply your brake, then it goes quiet the rest of the day. Is this what you hear?

Old 12-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Thank you very much for your advise.
Gladly appreciate it. I will take notes and go to the dealer again.

By the way, I can hear the noise everytime when I drive my car slow, not only on the first drive . Moreover, I don't think it happens only because of the humidity, since about a month ago, on a very dry and extreamly hot days, I could hear that noise when I got back home too.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

This is good that you listen to your car, again, document time, date, milage speed when heard, day temp is good also.
Just a note, I did this to my Son's Kia in Anchorage of what was going on and the dealer had the car for 3 diff weeks prior and could not find the problem. I documented 5 days of driving and when we took it back in, in 1 hr found the firewall connector to be loose. after removal, clean and reinstall, no more problems since. 1 1/2 yrs ago.