Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Anyone interested on a good deal on new 2021 Ridgeline gold/copper rims?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 01:56 PM
Default Anyone interested on a good deal on new 2021 Ridgeline gold/copper rims?

Hello all-- here is my situation-- I purchased a 2021 Ridgeline BE out of state-- it has the HPD package which includes the gold/copper colored rims. My wife and I (mostly my wife) are not fans of the gold rims, love the truck otherwise. Part of the deal I worked with the Honda dealer is that if I took they truck, they would have the rims powder coated black for me. I took that deal. They have been trying and trying to get it done for me, but the shops by them are backed up 2 weeks. They just called me with another offer-- take the truck as is, make an appointment at anyplace near me I wanted, and get the rims powder coated--they would pay for it. OK, I took that deal. After I hung up, I thought-- maybe someone would want to buy those rims, and I could buy new rims we like better. So, before I go forward with powder coating, I wanted to see if there was any interest. Dont know what they are worth because I havent done the research yet, but I would not be asking what you could buy them for at Honda. Shipping would probably be pricey. Thoughts?

Old 01-02-2023, 04:59 PM
Default ​​.what was honda thinking? Gold wheels... takin quees right from 1979 pontiac transa

[QUOTE=ajg1960;38674]Hello all-- here is my situation-- I purchased a 2021 Ridgeline BE out of state-- it has the HPD package which includes the gold/copper colored rims. My wife and I (mostly my wife) are not fans of the gold rims, love the truck otherwise. Part of the deal I worked with the Honda dealer is that if I took they truck, they would have the rims powder coated black for me. I took that deal. They have been trying and trying to get it done for me, but the shops by them are backed up 2 weeks. They just called me with another offer-- take the truck as is, make an appointment at anyplace near me I wanted, and get the rims powder coated--they would pay for it. OK, I took that deal. After I hung up, I thought-- maybe someone would want to buy those rims, and I could buy new rims we like better. So, before I go forward with powder coating, I wanted to see if there was any interest. Dont know what they are worth because I havent done the research yet, but I would not be asking what you could buy them for at Honda. Shipping would probably be pricey. Thoughts?

Wish you luck.your wife is right.
​​.what was honda thinking? Gold wheels...
takin quees right from 1979 pontiac transam