First Honda--Extended warranty question - The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 AM
Default First Honda--Extended warranty question

I used the USAA buying service (for their car loan interest rate) for a Ridgeline (Black). USAA only associated with 1 Denver dealer--Schomp Motors.

Schomp appears to have a good reputation and the buying process so far has been good.

However, I've run into two problems at the point that I have a vehicle reserved with a refundable deposit slated to arrive 27 March.

First, the dealer only sells their own extended warranty outsourced through CNA. It's expensive (naturally), ~$2,200 with a $100 deductible--an 8 year, 100,000 mile wrap. But here's the clinker, they do not offer the Honda extended warranty so that I can compare coverage and cost. I'm amazed that Honda would allow a dealer to not offer Honda's extended as one of the alternatives??

Further, I've searched and searched and cannot find an official Honda website (not a Honda Care Dealer's page) that lists out the Honda company's new car extended warranties, costs and coverages? Can someone provide me a link?

Secondly, how can a new Ridgeline's MSRP vary?!
Trucar lists MSRP as $44,195
Schomp lists MSRP as $44,195
But the Honda website lists MSRP as 43,420?