Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Giving up on 2017 Ridgeline

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 03:05 PM
Default Giving up on 2017 Ridgeline

I have had it with Honda. 2017 with 86k miles. Tranny noise started around 52000 miles, dealer denies problems, says rumbles are normal. Low grade rumble around 68 mph and 2000 rpm. Give it some gas, changes gear and rumble disappears. You and I all know what the problem is but Honda service says nothing wrong….. live with it. Until I get warning lights around 79,000 miles and Honda says both tranny and torque converter are bad. Total cost? About 95k but with a strong appeal they generously offered to pay about half. Let me remind you, this is a Honda. I am way easy on my truck. At 87k I am still on original brakes but Honda says the tranny must have been abused. I argued and appealed and Honda stonewalled as only GM use to do. Miraculously, the service manager calls me and says that the tranny is fine, just need the converter changed. Honda will pay half so out of pocket was about $2300. Within about 3 weeks of getting the truck back the noise is back. Honda denies any liability. This is Honda. The company we all trusted. This is my 4th Ridgeline and I would have been better off with a Chevy s10. I don’t trust to take my truck any distance. I gave up. I put my name on the wait list for the right to order a new Maverick. I’m selling the Ridgeline and I will never own a Honda Again. They use to be great, but now? No.

Old 05-17-2022, 07:21 PM

I haven't heard that but maybe do a poll.

Old 05-21-2022, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by grcauto
I haven't heard that but maybe do a poll.
You like poles don't you, like the one up your golden A $ $. :-)

Last edited by C 10 man; 05-21-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jimdd
I have had it with Honda. 2017 with 86k miles. Tranny noise started around 52000 miles, dealer denies problems, says rumbles are normal. Low grade rumble around 68 mph and 2000 rpm. Give it some gas, changes gear and rumble disappears. You and I all know what the problem is but Honda service says nothing wrong….. live with it. Until I get warning lights around 79,000 miles and Honda says both tranny and torque converter are bad. Total cost? About 95k but with a strong appeal they generously offered to pay about half. Let me remind you, this is a Honda. I am way easy on my truck. At 87k I am still on original brakes but Honda says the tranny must have been abused. I argued and appealed and Honda stonewalled as only GM use to do. Miraculously, the service manager calls me and says that the tranny is fine, just need the converter changed. Honda will pay half so out of pocket was about $2300. Within about 3 weeks of getting the truck back the noise is back. Honda denies any liability. This is Honda. The company we all trusted. This is my 4th Ridgeline and I would have been better off with a Chevy s10. I don’t trust to take my truck any distance. I gave up. I put my name on the wait list for the right to order a new Maverick. I’m selling the Ridgeline and I will never own a Honda Again. They use to be great, but now? No.
I know Honda's were also made in Japan in the early 2000's and also made in the US as well (different animals), sounds like yours was made in the US. I think most all US and Foreign Car/Truck Manufactures these days make there products in favor of THEM working on them and design them so complicated the average person and or backyard mechanic hasn't a clue where to start in fixing them.
Its a shame you or we have to put up with most products as THROUGH AWAY ITEMS these days after a short time of owner ship. :-( This is why I am restoring a 68 C10 Chevy Truck better built back then easier too work on also, still need Maintenance from time to time can't get away from that.

Last edited by C 10 man; 05-21-2022 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by C 10 man
You like poles don't you, like the one up your golden A $ $. :-)
I'd be glad to meet with you and see if you can help me with that. Where should we meet?

Old 05-21-2022, 03:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by grcauto
I'd be glad to meet with you and see if you can help me with that. Where should we meet?
You must be sitting in your local *** Bar by your response.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by C 10 man
You must be sitting in your local *** Bar by your response.
If you want to meet at a *** bar that works for me. When and where cupcake?