Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Previous Titan owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 05:54 PM
Default Previous Titan owner

I found that I really wasn't using my Titan very much any more, so sold it to my handyman (who always lusted after it) and purchased a Mercedes SLC for my daily driver. I very shortly realized my mistake. While the Tital was too big and thirsty, there are just times when I need the capability of a pick up, but not a large thirsty beast. I've been looking at trucks for about a month now and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Ridgeline RTL-E and the Nissan PRO-X 4x2. While the Nissan has a big power advantage I like the cabin interior of the Ridgeline more. My only concern is that I'll be towing my ATV on my aluminum trailer (combined around 1,500 lbs) about 700 miles each way to jamborees a couple times a year. Does anyone have towing experience with their Ridgeline, especially in hot weather?

Old 03-23-2022, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by skromfols
I found that I really wasn't using my Titan very much any more, so sold it to my handyman (who always lusted after it) and purchased a Mercedes SLC for my daily driver. I very shortly realized my mistake. While the Tital was too big and thirsty, there are just times when I need the capability of a pick up, but not a large thirsty beast. I've been looking at trucks for about a month now and I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Ridgeline RTL-E and the Nissan PRO-X 4x2. While the Nissan has a big power advantage I like the cabin interior of the Ridgeline more. My only concern is that I'll be towing my ATV on my aluminum trailer (combined around 1,500 lbs) about 700 miles each way to jamborees a couple times a year. Does anyone have towing experience with their Ridgeline, especially in hot weather?
I have had a 2017 RTL-E for 5 years now. I tow a FourWins boat and trailer (4,000 lbs combined) 4x per year approx 90 miles each way. Same for 2 jetskis (combined weight on each about 1500 lbs). No issues towing. I did just have to do torque converter replacement at 69K miles but that is known issue with the 6 speed tranny. No problems ever towing anything 5K and below. I am in process of upgrading to 22 Black Edition coming in May. Ridgeline is a great truck as long as you respect limits (i.e. towing 5K or less and no rock climbing) Good luck.