Ridgeline Forum This new truck, the first of it's kind from Honda, is likely to be a class leader with it's powerful engine and unique options both inside, and out.

Ridgeline Transmission Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2023, 11:33 AM
BJH
Unhappy Ridgeline Transmission Replacement

Hello folks,
Let me begin by stating that I am not a mechanic in any sense....(I change oil and tires and that's about it). I do have a question though. My local dealership replaced the transmission in my 2018 Ridgeline after a "Transmission Service Error" message appear on my dashboard. Ironically, the truck was running fine with zero issues. Since this replacement there have been noises and vibrations coming from under the truck. Also, I have had to have my right front brake reassembled properly (they claim they messed something up when reinstalling it), my front right strut replaced and the front sway bar link assemblies (I hope I described that correctly) replaced. This truck had no issues prior to having the transmission replaced. The service department states that they did nothing to my front end when they replaced the transmission. Is this even possible with a front wheel drive truck? Does the front end have to be dropped in order to do this replacement? I incurred approximately $4500 in expenses for the work I mentioned (not the brake though as they admitted this was their mistake). Hoping to get answers from folks that understand this process.
Thank you in advance for your help!