CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2005 CRV Alignment issue after collision

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Default 2005 CRV Alignment issue after collision

Drunk driver hit my 2005 CRV fairly hard , head on drivers side I was stopped at a red light. Repair shop ( dealer) claims vehicle - sheet metal, glass, suspension parts- were repaired to "factory specs"
After I picked it up, noticed that it did not track correctly, pulled to the left with slight vibration of steering wheel. Took it back, problem still there after 2nd attempt to correct.

*** this problem was not there prior to accident **

Taking it back tomorrow, dealer is suggesting that "maybe the problem is that the rear end needs an alignment " at my expense, of course.
Could impact have damaged drive shaft? transfer case??? Perhaps repair shop went "on the cheap " to keep Geico happy??
Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. did you sign a waver when you received your vehicle after the repair that states that you have cleared all persons and insurance of any liability at time of signing. if you did, you may have to eat some of the repairs since signing. but, you can complain to the repair shop until the car is fixed properly since it was not your fault, and the car does not drive like it use to. the problem is not in the rear needing alignment, the shop does not want to accept responsibility of anymore work than it was paid for. it will pass fault to something else, you can tell the shop to do the alignment providing it fixes the vibration and pulling to the left. if it does not, no pay and find the proper problem causing the vibration/puling left. it can be front alignment, slight bend in drive shaft, wheel out of balance, is the dealer the place you purchased the crv from. take the crv back as many times to fix what was not there before the accident. document from the time of the accident all the items done, not your opinion, only what is fact to help the dealer (repair shop) and yourself. date, time, action taken or not taken. you stated, dealer stated. i doubt that the transfer case is damaged, it would be leaking or whining. do you have a pic to view damage.

Last edited by acmech52; 11-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.