CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2012 CR-V Diesel Automatic, Codes P2199 & P0113

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 04:33 AM
Default 2012 CR-V Diesel Automatic, Codes P2199 & P0113

Hello Members

I keep getting a check engine light, particularly the P2199 code, although rarely the P0113 shows this may be because I've disconnected the MAF to clean it.

I have tested the MAF/IAT sensors resistance with a Digital Multimeter, and the IAT resistors value changes with heat, as it should, so I think the sensor is ok.

I've used my Launch diagnostic scantool app, and the tool shows there are two ''Intake Air' temp sensors, only I am aware of the dual MAF/IAT sensor on the air filter box duct.

The Launch scantool says there is a MAP sensor, does this sensor contain the second IAT sensor, if so where is the MAP sensor located?

I have cleaned the connections to the MAF/IAT but have not located, and therefore cleaned the MAP sensor (should there be one, or a second IAT sensor contained in it.

I have moved the MAF/IAT wiring, and can not see any obvious voltage changes (although I must admit I'm not sure when looking at the scantool data, what is good of bad)

I've attached screenshots of the errors codes, and some live data of the two IAT sensors, the MAF and MAP sensors, and battery condition.

What is the mostl ikely candidate for generating a P2199 code, given the MAF/IAT seems to work ok, are there any known wiring location issues associated with this fault?

Also, so as to remove wiring integrity and PCM (and just encase there is actually an issue with the MAF/IAT sensor), could I place a resistor in place of the IAT sensor part (would a 4.7kohm work).

Any help, or indication as to the problem and finding it would be great please

Thanks

These are the fault codes, the main code that regularly appears is the P2199

This was the report from the Launch scantool, this shows there are two Intake Air Temp sensors, I know of the MAF/IAT sensor, but where is the second IAT located (if it's within the MAP, where about is the MAP located?

This is from the realtime data, and shows the MAP/IAT sensor, the second IAT, and a MAP sensor, I was stationary when this was taken, are the values normal?

This is second page of the realtime data log

This is the third page of the log

Old 01-01-2019, 11:09 AM

You always need to disconnect the battery and reset the computer memory after cleaning any sensors. If you don't, the computer will remember the old values from the sensor before it was clean, and think the sensor is suddenly faulty. Try doing that and see if the error codes still appear.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lochinvar
You always need to disconnect the battery and reset the computer memory after cleaning any sensors. If you don't, the computer will remember the old values from the sensor before it was clean, and think the sensor is suddenly faulty. Try doing that and see if the error codes still appear.
Thanks, I hadn't done that as I don't have the navigation/radio code, if I disconnect the battery I'll then need the pin, is there a way to relearn the IAT through the Launch scantool?

Cheers

Old 01-01-2019, 11:26 AM

That, I don't know, but I don't think so. You should get your radio code from a dealer anyway, in case you have a dead battery, or blow your memory fuse.

If you want to try removing your computer, waiting a few minutes, and reinstalling it, that should work, but it would be less work to get your radio code and disconnect your battery.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Thanks again, I think I'll go the battery disconnection route, and try that first, thanks