CR-V Forum This compact SUV offers the usefulness of an SUV without the steep fuel bill thanks to the efficient yet powerful engine.

2018 CR-V Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:25 AM
Default 2018 CR-V Won't Start

Hi I was wondering if anybody had the same problem as me. And how were they able to solve it at your workshop?
So my CRV wasn't able to start yesterday and I had it towed to my dealership. They told me it was cuz my battery is dead due to inactivity (but I drove it last week to somewhere far) and had my car up and going for me to drive home after they did all the diagnosis and concluded nothing was wrong with my car. Today, it happened again. I'm going to jump start the car in a bit to bring it to dealership again, but I wonder if anybody know what possible is wrong with my car in this situation? battery replacement maybe?

Old 01-27-2021, 04:41 PM

Cause you are saying to jump the battery in order to start the engine, I assume no crank, no start
Starting system deals with battery, ignition switch, starter cut relay, park neutral safety switch, starter solenoid, starter motor
All the wiring in between and the grounds
If push button to start then also those electronics and brake switch

First thing I would do is to clean battery posts and cable terminals
Then follow negative cable to chassis ground and clean up grounding point
Then locate engine ground strap and clean those two points.

If no crank no start happens again then would try cranking engine with the gear selector in neutral
Try putting the gear selector through all the gears and try again

Could be a bad battery or could be faulty alternator not charging, or could be parasitic drain after engine is turned off

Last edited by avisitor; 01-28-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum. before doing all kinds of trouble shooting, do a load test on the battery., the battery may be weak and slowly loosing its charge sitting not running daily. if it holds a charge, then do everything avisitor is advising.